Bears had their chance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Best of luck Bitstream--I think the price action has been nice of late and I'm long here with a stop at 45.2

And Iceman, yes my setup is complete and I will not be pulling out of the trade until I am stopped out on the downside or the target is reached on the upside. Apparently you think you're smart, so where is the stock going boss?

#41     Aug 30, 2005
  2. Apple bulls....no question, today's late trade action VERY impressive.
    But ya gotta ask yourself a couple of questions:
    1) is a slow-growth economy with less discretionary consumer spending going to eventually "hit" AAPL ?
    2) is DELL's demise really to AAPL's advantage ? or is the entire P/C market going down taking "no prisoners" ?
    3) in a slow-growth economy, is AAPL's PE ratio justified ?

Just some thoughts...I like AAPL here for a quick pop,
    but not longer term.

#42     Aug 30, 2005
  3. AAPL has outperform the naz big time. When the all PC industry was struggling AAPL was on fire.

And I prefer high P/E multiples: at least you know the stock is gonna move and you can always buy insurance anytime you fell the squeeze is coming.

#43     Aug 30, 2005
  4. I'm not in AAPL really long term here. I'm hoping for a nice little spike here in the coming month.

#44     Aug 30, 2005
  5. Bear markets usually end up wacking and taking down all stocks.. AAPL's breakout will eventually blow up. One fallacy is that relative strength does not work well in bear markets.. eventually the market will take everything down.

The only way aapl will rise is if market remains strong.. which is not too likely given whats going on.

-MIKE

#45     Aug 30, 2005
  6. AAPL has done very well when the overall market was very weak.

Schools will be opening soon and I can't see how AAPL can lose market share in a period of such strong demand for their products.

#46     Aug 30, 2005