Bears had their chance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Disappointing isn't the word. Your phrase "took a pounding" captures the mood more succinctly.

#31     Aug 30, 2005
  2. newbunch

newbunch

I'm a bear and I'm not disappointed at all. Well, I wish we dropped more, but we'll do it eventually. If not today, then tomorrow. We are already down in after-hours.

#32     Aug 30, 2005
  3. Yes I do think AAPL will outperform--I put some big size on the trade and I really think it will head higher if the overall markets don't self-implode.

#33     Aug 30, 2005
  4. buylo

buylo

I really think we're headed nowhere for a little while longer. Even though Greensham declared war on the housing market, we are coming up with record highs in new home sales. The Fed can't decide if oil is inflationary or a growth hindrance, and we still can't go down on Katrina or London.

.......BUT we sure are not going up.

#34     Aug 30, 2005
  5. I think we go higher in here. I've got lots of positive delta from yesterday so I'm talking my book.

Too many bears here and elsewhere.

1) The market digests news very quickly....as long as the news doesn't get any worse from here.

2) The Fed has trained (for those willing to see it) market participants that there is only asymmetrical risk. (Aside: this will of course bite us right in the arse one day…but not today or tomorrow.)

We go higher from here ...at least into Sept expiration.

#35     Aug 30, 2005
  6. effing hilarious!!

:p

#36     Aug 30, 2005
  7. so pretty when market not allowed to go down...$$$

#37     Aug 30, 2005
  8. drukes1234
    08-29-05 05:22 PM
    The price action speaks for itself. I don't want to hear any fundamental arguments here--the bottom line is, the bears have had their chance TWICE (the London bombings and now Katrina) to slaughter this market and both days the market closed near high's. I think we might see a very impressive spike in equities in the near future.

WOW....... you're a man of real true conviction. One minute you open your online poster "mouth' and say you're looking for a strong move higher but then JUST ONE trading day later you loose all faith in that idea.

So typical.... all talk little walk!

May I ask... why the *@**% did you bother coming on here to post in the first place... !? Big ego, overconfidence, grandiosity?

:eek: :eek:

Yahoooooo

Ice
    :cool:

#38     Aug 30, 2005
  9. I bought AAPL back in January before quarterly earnings; I rode it all the way from 33.50 to 44.88, then in March I sold the stock and again, before earnigs, I bought a bunch of call options, wich expired worthless and gave back 7$. I never got back into the stock since.

I think right now AAPL is well position for futher gains after clearing off previous all time highs.

I'll initiate some long position as well.

#39     Aug 30, 2005
  10. Ice, get a life.

My setup needed today to be positive and it wasn't. So I was wrong and still made money. If you're so confident in yourself, post your account summary for the year so far and I'll post mine and we'll see who has the last laugh.

#40     Aug 30, 2005