Bears had their chance

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Aug 29, 2005.

1. newbunch

newbunch

I'm up 14.9% this year. But you probably won't believe me.... In that case, I'm up 1,000%.

#21     Aug 30, 2005
  2. newbunch

newbunch

I trade the SPX and not the Qs. However, the QQQQ looks weak to me as well. Check out that major bearish MACD divergence! I hadn't noticed that until now (I don't watch it). Thanks for pointing it out. Now I'm even more bearish.

#22     Aug 30, 2005
  3. Franklins personal trading records, mostly sheep and watch fobs.

#23     Aug 30, 2005
  4. Ok.. well today's action made me exit my Long position in the russell with very little profit. My setup didn't complete, therefore, I was wrong. I transferred out of the Russell and am now heavily long Apple from this morning.

My question for you bears--which stocks do you feel are good candidates for shorts right now? I would like to be market neutral.

Thanks

#24     Aug 30, 2005
  5. construction

raw material

alternative energy

wild card: refiners.

But I don't trade stocks so really my 2 cents is worth maybe 1.
    :D

#25     Aug 30, 2005
  6. newbunch

newbunch

Only trade the S&P 500. Why take chances if you are bearish? Just short everything!

#26     Aug 30, 2005
  7. I never said I was bearish--I took a big long position in Apple at the beginning of the day. Having said that, I'd like at this point to be market neutral.

#27     Aug 30, 2005
  8. newbunch

newbunch

So you think Apple will outperform the market? So buy Apple and short the market.

If you want to develop a market-neutral trading system, do it. Don't look for stock tips on ET.

With regard to stock tips:
    "It is not so much greed made blind by eagerness as it is hope bandaged by the unwillingness to do any thinking." Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

#28     Aug 30, 2005
  9. Today has to be somewhat disappointing to the bears. They managed to reverse yesterday but couldn't close the deal, and took a pounding the last hour.

#29     Aug 30, 2005
  10. actually they are cycling positions in and out now {last two weeks} with the ability to get better pricing after the liquidity pumper pushes from the institutions. yesterday I could see they just stayed out of the way all the way up --- the institutions had unencumbered ability to push price --- no resistance from the hedgies until we hit the end of day {then they started to get in for the overnight session --- and that worked perfect}. end of day today was just about the same ---- and some size has come in again grinding down the start of the overnight session.

hedgies are putting their oil trade profits to work more selectively {thus more efficient} as they pick their timing for shorting the s&p contracts. there are some definite patterns at work here in my opinion.

#30     Aug 30, 2005