Bear Winning, up $857 today trading TVIX UVXY SRTY -- go bears (^-^)

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, May 12, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

nice day, up 857 today successfully trading inverses, I'm holding overnight.

winning bear, its about fcking time this pos market drops ... yay

fdly12myxx.jpg

Update: I sold some TVIX SRTY UVXY etc aftermarket to lock in profits, in case they gap against me tomorrow

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

loving these

srty.jpg uvxy.jpg

3. S2007S

S2007S

Only trade i made today was LABD at around $4.52
    Haven't been trading the last 2-3 days as the market was completely dry. This is the volatility we need..hopefully tomorrow there is much more.

KCalhoun likes this.
  4. congrats

I have a question: why do you buy these instead of shorting the future? is it because you can scale in better? (no offense)

KCalhoun likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Hi, good question.... I'm not a futures trader, though that's worth considering. I sold some of my inverses yesterday after the bell yesterday and sold much of what's left today premkt, will scale back into inverses if they break out today.

Hafez thanks re nudge to book short profits early, you were exactly right.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    David's faith likes this.
  6. The advantage would be the possibility to close positions outside the trading hours thats why I was asking

KCalhoun likes this.
  7. hafez50

hafez50

Perfect example to take that short bacon . I was also in soxs ,spxs and sqqq in my ira . Sold it all scaling out till 7:58 last night . I see today these are down 5-7% from there after hrs highs . These are death to hold . I’ll never regret taking my bacon even if we had fallen hard on open today .

KCalhoun likes this.
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Good job! I never regret taking profits. I'm finding SOXS SQQQ weakest of inverses since tech and semis are cvid friendly, so not as good as small cap TZA SRTY, finance bear FAZ and VIX etns UVXY TVIX fwiw.

Great to talk trading with you, thanks -- you know trading.

9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

up $400+ so far, tightened up stops very tight now at 11:45am

I know it's not a lot, but it beats a day job lol.

reason for tightening up stops = possible noon pivot, plus they ran, time to book profits if they drop

fdly13may.jpg

fdly13mayb.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

took profits on the way up, still in small w tight stops

fdly13mayc.jpg

fdly13mts.jpg

#10     May 13, 2020