Bear Winning, up $1300+ today trading TVIX TZA SRTY -- go bears (^-^)

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Jun 11, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

and yes I am trailing tight af stops to lock in profits #epicwin

xfd11junc.jpg

premkt buys I did this morning to scale into overnights
    fpre11jn.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Onra and Atikon like this.
  2. Girija

Girija

I see eventually inverses paid off well for you. VIX moving in line with sp500 was a sign that bearish entry will pay off.

KCalhoun likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

KC, you keep stating that you add to winners, yet you earn peanuts on a 5% trend day. How is it that you've been in this business as long as you have and you're not making any real money?

4. savoir

savoir

These little trades are to attract the fish to his real job. He's been bearish this entire run up and finally caught a giant move that should have made his quarter but he makes peanuts and is celebrating. Just keeping the estimated taxes small, right Ken? LMAO

smallfil, Zor_Champ, trader99 and 4 others like this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

At least I made money today.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    taowave likes this.
  6. Edmond

Edmond

We call it, “grown up money”

7. deaddog

deaddog

How did you handle these trades this morning?

8. d08

d08

Congrats. I was down $40k, ending the week on a sour note.

Cuddles likes this.
  9. Nice going! TVIX has always been a tricky one, for me. Good call. I think I will write down your playlist for bearish looking situations. Mostly I have just relied on SQQQ for that. I need to expand my bear market repertoire cause I don't think the coronavirus market slump was the crash a lot of folks are expecting.

I hear you on the trailing stops! I wish I could place trailing stop orders with Alpaca. I can do them client side of course if I want to do some coding which I am not good enough with yet, but I can't actually place a trailing stop with the broker. Thinking about moving back to IB temporarily. Alpaca carries a lot of limitations. Not very good aftermarket hours, and I haven't figured out how to place a bracket order through the otherwise excellent TradingView web interface. Toshi is working on getting things more in line with the grownup brokerages but that doesn't help me in the here and now.

Currently I am holding long positions for the longer run. Mainly waiting for crude to go up. I am heavily into oil stocks right now. If crude goes up to $45 I will be doing pretty good.

I make it out to be a 14% increase at the time of your post. Not a bad night's work IYAM. I would be happy to do that once or twice a year.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Made 3 winning TVIX daytrades today, it's my favorite thing to trade.

#10     Jun 12, 2020