Bear - Trading Introduction

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by BearTrading, May 27, 2010.

1. Thanks, I just wish they would get everything on the same basis - I don't care what "they" want, as long as it's all the same. In my mind the S7 is a very simple way to distinguish a professional from a retail trader - which is all they're trying to do I'm told.... not actually require any vast trading knowledge, LOL.

Anyway, good luck with your venture going forward.

Don

#11     May 28, 2010
  2. In as much as the Series 7 does nothing from keeping a newbie from blowing up or even becoming profitable, it's time to drop it as a requirement. It has no bearing on trading success. Let's give it the old heave-ho and develop something RELEVANT.
    Don - you should be leading this "charge".

#12     May 28, 2010
  3. Hey, I'm totally with you - back in 2001 when the Senate and the SEC had to come up with a way to distinguish between a "retail" and a "professional" trader, they came up with the S7 license - when we heard that we actually smiled, fearing it would be something difficult, more draconian - but that was all they asked for and we were fine with it.

Since then, the CBSX opted to go with their criteria, which is fine, just different - but as it turned out, we have had so many traders come from the "brokerage" world, with S7 intact, it has paid off overall.

We'll see how it pans out, my hope is just have it the same for all traders and Firms.

All the best,

Don

#13     May 28, 2010
  4. dejavu8

dejavu8

can you list your fee structure and which platform you are using, deposit requirement, commission, platform entitlement, profit split ratio etc. thanks.

#14     May 28, 2010
  5. maybe you put in direct links to the parts of your website that somewhat answer questions like the above...

#15     May 28, 2010
  6. Guys - we know that all of these items are points of negotiation with almost all prop firms. This business is not like a hardware store you know.

#16     May 29, 2010
  7. this suggestion had nothing to do with that. It was a suggestion to a sponsor to introduce parts of their website to the ET community as a possible way to encourage visitation. As in "landing pages/etc."

#17     May 29, 2010
  8. BearTrading

BearTrading ET Sponsor

We hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.

We believe in minimizing the trading fees for the trader. The lower the costs of transactions, the more opportunities there are for the trader to capitalize on. We try to tailor the fees to each trader to fit their trading style.

There are multiple options and they are usually looked over on a case by case basis. The range is very broad and it would be very difficult to post a standard schedule, as we do not treat traders as a commodity.

I suggest setting up a quick chat so that we understand and get to know you a little better, and send you a proposal that would make sense for you.

You can reach us via the numbers below, or via PM, whichever is more convenient.

Even the platform we are using question is not easy to answer in a standard way. While we do use Laser, our development team has created a multitude of modifications.
    The modifications can be installed on a one-by-one basis, depending on the needs of the trader: the trading style and accustomed comfort.

We have many traders that have traded on different platforms and have had different requirements in order to make their switch to as seamless as possible. Again, the best bet is to contact us directly and we will work to come up with the most optimal solution.

Thanks.

#18     May 30, 2010