Bear Territory and getting ready to panic

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by EMRGLOBAL, Oct 4, 2011.

1. S&P shooting to break 1000.

Capitulation could be around the corner as investors (Not traders) run of the exits as they have been hood winded again on the long side.

It's gona get bloody this month.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Hood winded? That's a new one.
  3. Wasn't all that many years ago... when the markets operated on their own without constant government/fed intervention... when a 20% correction was considered mere "noise".
  4. J Ski

J Ski

I guess it has to be real,
    if Reuters says so.
    Can't make this shit up.

S&P 500 enters bear market 10/04 05:06 AM

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The S&P 500 entered a bear market after the open on Tuesday, down over 20 percent from its 2011 high, as European officials considered making banks take bigger losses on Greek debt and fears of contagion in the world's financial system grew.
    The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 124.12 points, or 1.16 percent, to 10,531.18. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index dropped 12.43 points, or 1.13 percent, to 1,086.80. The Nasdaq Composite Index dropped 18.61 points, or 0.80 percent, to 2,317.22.
    (Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
  5. when a 20% correction was considered mere "noise".

Yep, I agree. Not that way anymore.

And if the recent numbers, ISM are real... then the numbers are bad but not that bad.

It may be the fact that the average joe, who is really the only one left in most of these markets, is throwing in the towel.

EMU is old news.....we already know the 8billion is not enough for the EMU and that there is going to be a LEH situation. Nothing new.

And we know the Drop in confidence across the world is at all time high..
  6. 1063 and going to get crushed

1.72 breach on the Yield....coming soon on the bonds

Will be interesting to see if we have a true panic sell to find a bottom
  7. The Federal Reserve is prepared to take further steps to help a fragile economic recovery held back by a weak job market and financial stresses in Europe, Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday.

OK, everyone.....Things are better, Time to rally the markets and go home in time for Happy Hour. Fed is going to save the day.:D
  8. J Ski

J Ski

I learned.
    Tried to trade on the
    days the Bearded Monkey talks.
    Now I'll go take a tums.

Yay, market going up.
    Oh,it was just a dream.
    And I missed all of you, uncle
    whatever, and the wicked witch of the west, and
    toto I love you.
    It was just a dream.
  9. Well now Mr Wizard is at work.

Keep in mind folks, if you trade the US markets for a living, or pretend to, the markets are controlled by so many outside influence other than
    "Price Action" and the Herd.

I watch the markets for amusement and an occasional trade.

What Amazes me is the volume. Very little of it over all.

The Markets are better than any reality TV show, including True Tv's Jaylo Toeing show.

I mean, I must ask, do people really believe they will increase their over all wealth by investing in equities? Seriously?

Successful traders, (Not the pipe dream daytrader) yes, I can see people booking profits as traders are in and out of the markets and they can take both sides. Yet, only 5% of the entire trading population are successful to the tune of millions.

But at least a small trader can eak out 50-100k a year and write alot off as they are self employed.

But do the monkeys, who sit and slave all day long for some massive corporation, who have their "Retirement Fund" pump'd full of pre-tax contributions really believe their networth will increase?

Sad sad Show for most of America.

Plenty of other ways to secure you wealth, to build wealth and to place your money to work for you. Wall Street is not one of them, anymore.
  10. sheda

Hasn't been since you left, eh?
    #10     Oct 4, 2011