bear market mutual funds

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dirtybrown, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Can anyone recomend bear market mutual funds?

also, I remember hearing something about mutual funds comprised not of stocks, but of other mutual funds. anyone hear of those?

2. Zlatko

Zlatko

Just buy any inverse ETF

3. good point, a lot more flexibility with the ETFs. have you used them?

4. Zlatko

Zlatko

I have used them in the past yes. They're certainly very popular and liquid, which is a great benefit.

I'd be careful about buying any right now though, as I think it'll be at least a couple of months before the next leg down. But then again I have negative returns for the year, so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

5. :) well I've spent the last year doing forex trading, following many different markets and seeing them degrade so quickly in unison is enough to convince me going short is the best place to be.

6. When posters are asking what bear fund to buy, I guess that this is an indication that the Bear market is over!

Time to go long- LOL

Kevin

7. lol. I divested myself of all the ultrashort ETFs. I was holding them for 8 months :)

I would not feel comfortable buying them today. I am not even shorting anymore, All the easy low hanging fruit is gone. Ahh the good times.

(AIG,FRE,FNM,BSC,LEH,TMA,GM,F,KBH,WGO,WB,MNC,FLE,VMW)

8. Couple of my favorites--

BEARX

DXESX

9. I'm not done

10. S2007S

S2007S

Good old DXESX,

Recommended this one 1 year ago around $15-$17 a share.

Recently traded as high as $50.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

#10     Oct 24, 2008