Bear Market is over

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killATwill, Oct 2, 2008.

1. DB

DB

Bear market probably NOT over...take a look at LOW volume and progressively lower volume on EACH rising day.

#21     Mar 17, 2009
  2. I agree, volume is not indicating we are at a bottom.

This is nothing more than a bear market rally. Too many unknowns yet to come to be a true bottom.

#22     Mar 17, 2009
  3. This market is so oversold that the mid-keltner channel is at 852 on the weekly. We must close above 875 on the weekly basis just to trigger a momentum buy according to my system. We were either going to have this rally or another 20%-down-week-crash.

The top of the keltner channel on the daily is at 819. That area should serve as a wonderful sale.

To call an end to this bear market would be akin to calling an end to the Pound Sterling bear market at 1.82 back in Sept '08. We are trading 1.40 as I write this.

#23     Mar 17, 2009
  4. DB

DB

Standard technical analysis 101 says volume has to confirm direction, and it simply does not. Moreover, yesterday, a down day, had tremendously high volume.

I use a 34 EMA and in addition to the price failing to cross it, this position serves as a strong resistance PRICE.

The price will have to surpass old support on heavy volume to qualify as a strong turnaround candidate.

I think any other "conclusion" at this point is technically premature.

#24     Mar 17, 2009
  5. charts r worthless. buy all you can and hold for many years

#25     Mar 17, 2009
  6. Hows that been working out for you so far stock? Oh yeah you "sold" all your stocks to throw it away on options! How much "money" did you make today poser?

#26     Mar 17, 2009