Bear Market is Over! GO long S&P 500!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by short&naked, Feb 17, 2009.

1. are you going to average down some more?

They say never frown; average down

:)

#31     Feb 17, 2009
  2. If banks are nationalized you can bet the S&P will be well below 700.

#32     Feb 17, 2009
  3. bffffft

so much for the EOD rally..failed

I'm down but not out. I'm still here. Not going anywhere.

I can give you 20 reasons why the market will go higher that are all valid, but if you give me 20 reasons why it's going lower I'll refute them all.

And therein lies the rub. We all think our perspective is 'correct'. Ben Stein told people to buy Back in March 2007..and all the way to the bottom based on his supposedly sound logic & reasoning regarding the resiliency of the US economy and the containment of the mortgage crisis. On the converse, Doug Kass was bearish in the same time period based on his own reasoning. Both arguments appeared sound because they were backed with facts and evidence, but someone had to be wrong.

#33     Feb 17, 2009
  4. which is precisely why the BEST way to go about it is to not have an opinion but rather learn to understand the language of the markets. Sounds cheezy but it tells us with signals all the time what its next course of action is. The more experience you have "listening" and learning, the better you understand the language.

Hopefully your hobby approach to trading has shown you what not to do in the future. Good trading friend.

#34     Feb 17, 2009
  5. You are becoming annoying

(I don't actually hate anyone here, but those that begin to get under my skin are deemed annoying)

Ring the bell already..end it

#35     Feb 17, 2009
  6. xednise

xednise

Now you see what we contend with. lol

#36     Feb 17, 2009
  7. you said you were still bullish, despite the mkts going down. If you are bullish, you BUY THE DIPS, right?

#37     Feb 17, 2009
  8. How much farther down do you expect the market to drop before it rises again? And if it drops more than you expect (and does not rise) isn't that a strong indicator that your model of the market is wrong and your predictions of a rise may be wrong.

The reasons for it going up or down are not that relevant. The confirmation or disconfirmation of the conclusions is what counts. To the extent that the market doesn't do what you expect, it suggests a flaw in your expectations.

Trade carefully because the market can remain irrational far longer than you can remain solvent.

#38     Feb 17, 2009
  9. Nothing like a TRADER than is unable to simply go with the market and trade both sides . . .

BWAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!
    :D

Sorry, it's been raining here a lot and I've got "cabin" fever.
    :)

#39     Feb 17, 2009
  10. Redneck

Redneck

I'll give you one... and I would like you to refute it

"Because it is"

Your response Sir

#40     Feb 17, 2009