Bear had their chance today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jrs3, Jan 9, 2004.

1. "give themselves" is quite a euphemism for it. It's not like they actually pay for it. By the way, did you know that congressmen and senators get 100% of their salaries until they die as part of their retirement package. And guess who pays the monthly premiums for this great retirement plan. It is 100% taxpayer-funded. And by that I don't mean that it is taken out of their taxpayer-funded salaries, no, they decided one day to give themselves a raise in the form of this exuberant benefit plan and that was the end of it. Again, it would be like Dick Grasso saying he wanted to be paid millions EVERY year until he dies, AND the board not even having to agree to it. He would just sign the contract on both lines himself. Imagine what kind of a reaction that would get!

I like your theory.

One little thought for those who say economic theory is irrelevant to trading: If you made a couple of hundred percent last year, you are basically correct. HOWEVER, if you made 30% last year, and some traders did, then you better take a good look at it, because what you really did is not lose much, but while your gain of 30% barely offsets the loss of value the dollar has experienced, you are still allowed to pay income tax on the 30% you "think" you made.

#11     Jan 9, 2004
  2. Wow I just fell off my chair, the Dow is down triple digits; is this permissable?

:D

David

#12     Jan 9, 2004
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Looks like they are trying to take it. Lately we have just been in a slow creaper up market. Very strong type. The best thing, IMHO, is to just sit on your ass and wait a bit. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Brandon

#13     Jan 9, 2004
  4. Never argue with the market.

#14     Jan 9, 2004

5. Hey, you run a very good college in NYC.

Some say its the equivalent degree to one from the Ivy's.

However, those who say that aren't in positions of power to make is so --- Picard, Jean Luke

#15     Jan 9, 2004
  6. Thank you.

#16     Jan 9, 2004
  7. LOL. I like that one.

You guys aint cheering me up. Its a mess out there and I dont like thinking about it as I dont see any way out. You cannot expand debt indefinitely, can you? Maybe theyell just legislate debt out of existence.

#17     Jan 9, 2004
  8. bet-cha b-the bear b-made b-you b-eat b-those bwords

4pm EST Dow -125
    SP500 -9.17
    NASDAQ - 12.01

#18     Jan 9, 2004