Bear Growls...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Most traders here dont look at longer term charts. They think they can make a living tick f**ing the ES.

--MIKE

#21     Apr 8, 2004

2. Yes it takes big balls to short when everything looks great and indices are hitting highs... but thats when the risk is the best in this case.

In some cases it can be dangerous.. but right now we are like a 90 year old asthma lady running a marathon... hitting new highs is not the same as it once was.

Anyone buying at new highs are the shorts being squeezed... or the morons that are holding the bag at the end.

--MIKE

#22     Apr 8, 2004
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Big balls and small brains! LMAO:D

#23     Apr 8, 2004

4. Time will tell.

#24     Apr 8, 2004
  5. pspr

pspr

Bear Growls = Bear with nuts in vice. :eek:

#25     Apr 8, 2004
  6. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

I watch smh, dia, spy, iwm.

iwm is the strongest of the four. Broke support a few days ago and looked like it was ready to go down the toilet. Now it is knocking on the highs again. all time highs in fact. could be a broadening top which will drive you crazy and might make you cover right at a short term top. could blow through and just keep going. dollar turning up. foreign money comes back. wall of worry. I'm looking at iwm calls, myself.

if i was going to short something, i would look for opportunities in smh.

that's what makes a market. good luck.

#26     Apr 8, 2004
  7. Take a look and tell me what you think. Cant hurt to have a pair of indifferent eyes on your position.

#27     Apr 8, 2004
  8. jrs3

jrs3

If I was going to consider establishing a short position in the Russell 2000, and like I said I don't like to short, but if I was, I would feel much better if the monthly ADX were closer to 40, JMHO.

#28     Apr 8, 2004
  9. Growling from hunger and deprivation.

#29     Apr 8, 2004
  10. This lastest "short" position is coming from a guy that only plays one side of the market, and never plays the long side. He is a perma-bear that is always looking for ways to "rationalize" being Bearish by pasting Yahoo news articles about consumer debt, consumer credit, terrorism, blah, blah, blah.

Trend Fader doesn't look at charts or use technical analysis. He is already on record on ET as saying such. He bases his trading opinion on "negative" Yahoo news articles on the Economy, yet he never provides any fundamental facts to the contrary because he only wants to see what he wants to see rather than what the market is telling him. He simply doesn't want to listen. It is a highly stubborn personality trait that sabatoges any possibility of him becoming a successful trader.

Trend Fader talks about this trade being a "long-term" trade, yet he already has a predetermined number of 115.00 in his head as a level in which he wants to cover at. Gee, he states no stop loss whatsoever but he already has the 115.00 level in his head for covering. Typical.

Trend Fader talks about not looking for this to be short-term trade, or a "scalp" . . . but his methodology defies logic in that the 115.00 level would only be a 4% move, as opposed to the 6% rally that just occurred in the S&P in the past 2 weeks.

You will never hear Trend Fader talk specifically about valuation, because he doesn't know anything about historical P/E's, or the fact that corporate America is seeing a tremendously improving profit picture. He talks about debt, but he never talks about the other side of the balance sheet: Assets.

It's the same old "tune" from a guy in his twenties that talks about CRASHES and yet was barely even 10 years old back in 1987. Moreover, I dare anyone on this website to find a thread or a posting in which Trend Fader states that he is long.
    I dare you.

He is a stubborn Perma-Bear.
    The most dangerous kind of animal.
    Buyer beware.

#30     Apr 8, 2004