Beans in the teens

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by myminitrading, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Corn has been a prime beneficiary (along with Sugar) from proposed ethanol production. Thus farmers have been more enthusiastic about planting C than S.

HOWEVER: Crops MUST be rotated every other year or less the soil suffers. Severely. Hence many farmers will be back in beans next year. That's why beans are lagging. :)

#41     Dec 26, 2006
  2. katesdp

katesdp

3. Jaime

Jaime

I'm new to this, but doesn't the daily bar chart look a little bearish right now for the beans?

#43     Dec 27, 2006
  4. wow ... some move today in the beans !

wish I was long ...

:p

#44     Jan 12, 2007
  5. pkts

pkts

I was amazed that no one had posted here. Amazing day! I imagine a lot of people got shaken out by the drop just (barely) below recent lows. Still, it bounced back fast and I guess that tells you something about the demand.

Sure was a nice way to wake up!

#45     Jan 12, 2007
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too, at least I'm not short.

#46     Jan 12, 2007
  7. Demand for the contract maybe, but not so much demand for beans. There will likely be 33% more ending stocks than any other year in the last 20.

The real story is the split between meal and oil today. Wow...

#47     Jan 12, 2007
  8. pkts

pkts

Thats why I don't trade solely on fundamentals. That was the same argument that everyone was using when beans were at 550. All I know is its going up.

#48     Jan 12, 2007
  9. VitaminE

VitaminE

Grains are on the cusp of bull markets of historic proportions,

led by corn. Short at your peril.

#49     Jan 13, 2007
  10. Cutten

Cutten

Agree. Corn has acted the strongest, has the best newsflow, and has the ethanol story to give it extra juice & speculative appeal. It makes no sense to buy beans or wheat when they are acting weaker.

IMO corn is going to at least the old highs around 550 from 1996.

#50     Jan 16, 2007