Beans in the teens

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by myminitrading, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bighog

bighog Guest

Beans in the teens?

Yep, very possible for 2 bushels..........:eek:

#11     Oct 24, 2006
  2. Go beans go!!!!!

#12     Oct 24, 2006
  3. Man what a run we are having.

#13     Oct 25, 2006
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sure is, I started watching the beans, corn and wheat regularly a couple of weeks ago.
    Right now I'm just trying to learn the nuances but I am going to add these markets to my list.

I got the last trading days from the CBOT web site. But do you happen to know when these contracts normally roll over?

#14     Oct 25, 2006
  5. e-miNY

e-miNY

Blow off top above 650. Goodbye to the run for today

#15     Oct 25, 2006
  6. pkts

pkts

Well,

Quite a lot of people have brokers who don't allow delivery so most of those have to roll over 3-4 business days before FND. Thats why the last three days of the Jan contract (at least ECBOT, thats all I watch) had such a jump in volume.

#16     Oct 25, 2006
  7. pkts

pkts

Agreed, I wonder if we'll even close positive?

Especially foreboding since there were so many positives today (oil, gold rally plus weather delaying harvest and rust). Additionally we have a lot resistance around highs from June/July.

I think I'll wait for new highs to get back in.

#17     Oct 25, 2006
  8. When Beans become leggy, watch-out, they can turn on a dime, and lock limits set in as they did in 1989 for 3 full trading days. If you were long you got killed, if you were short you made some serious money. My advise, always use options as a hedge when trading Beans, just when you think you got this puppy figured out it, just when everyone is telling you to buy, just when the news is the most bullish this puppy will turn into KOJO and will bite your head off.

#18     Oct 28, 2006
  9. Good advise FryDaddyNC1.

#19     Oct 28, 2006
  10. Interesting instrument.

#20     Oct 28, 2006