Be scared Thursday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Jul 26, 2007.

1. No such thing as credit bubbles.:p

#11     Jul 26, 2007
  2. First time I ever see the DOW down in the three digits before the markets open. Maybe cuz im new???!!!

#12     Jul 26, 2007
  3. Not enough fear and uncertainty for a massive selloff today so goldilox believers there is no reason to worry....

#13     Jul 26, 2007
  4. Really, ever? I hope we can get used to that since I'm a loser bear.

#14     Jul 26, 2007
  5. Actually the drop is news related.

U.S. Stock-Index Futures Decline; D.R. Horton, Merck Retreat

By Andreas Hippin

July 26 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stock-index futures tumbled on concern the housing slump is worsening after D.R. Horton Inc. and Beazer Homes USA Inc. reported losses.

D.R. Horton, the second-biggest U.S. homebuilder, and Beazer, the ninth biggest, both retreated after saying they had to write down the value of inventory. Merck & Co., the third- largest U.S. drugmaker, led declines in Dow Jones Industrial Average stocks after a study showed that Vioxx may have harmed some users faster than the company had asserted.

Investors were also awaiting a government report expected to show that new home sales fell in June. The U.S. housing market is suffering its worst slump in 16 years amid record defaults on subprime mortgages.

With ``looming problems in housing and mortgage financing, it looks like a tougher environment,'' said Liam Dalton, who oversees $1.3 billion as chief executive officer of Axiom Capital Management in New York.

S&P 500 futures expiring in September decreased 14.4 to 1510.3 as of 8 a.m. in New York. Dow average futures retreated 101 to 13,740. Nasdaq-100 Index futures slid 14.75 to 2011.75.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aI35f_kW39aU&refer=home

#15     Jul 26, 2007
  6. you dont say.

dont you stock guys ever look at any other markets.

the last three hours in europe has seen some of the biggest moves in bond spreads.

duh.

this means stock go down.

do some homework here boys.

thats why the stocks are printing down.

#16     Jul 26, 2007
  7. Ouhhhhh....I am afraid....

[​IMG]

#17     Jul 26, 2007
  8. I don't think we'll get under 1500 in S&P but it will be nice if it can cut through that.

#18     Jul 26, 2007
  9. -130, think that will be the low for the futures?

#19     Jul 26, 2007
  10. Seems like its gonna get much lower. I dont want it to, but it seems like it will.

#20     Jul 26, 2007