Be Scare When the VIX is so low

Discussion in 'Trading' started by galvinlee888, Dec 21, 2010.

1. intraday momentum and volatility is less than afterhours.

the fact that it gapped from yesterday close. on light volume..volume is so low event the HFT machines can move this market.

#11     Dec 21, 2010
  2. The risk/reward to the downside is amazing right now. I'm buying some January put vertical spreads. Just too cheap to pass up.

If the market continues to go up....meh....I will not have risked very much.

However, if the market goes down by a reasonable amount in January......:D :D

#12     Dec 21, 2010
  3. I am waiting for any sign of reverse and SHORT
    :D

#13     Dec 21, 2010
  4. If the market "retraces", won't you be still afraid to do anything for fear that the market will retrace against you beyond your protective loss-limit? :confused: :(

#14     Dec 21, 2010
  5. Part of the cost to do business.. Take small loss :D

#15     Dec 21, 2010
  6. Corelio

Corelio

VIX "low level" is a loose definition. Low relative to what? One would argue differently if you compare IV with actual realized volatility in the current environment.

#16     Dec 21, 2010
  7. Lol, it's thread like these that will sink the VIX even lower!

#17     Dec 21, 2010
  8. Agreed it may go down further but the chance it will go higher is much higher than it will go lower.

I will stay tight and get ready to SHORT the market (or long volatility) as soon as it move up again.. :D

#18     Dec 22, 2010
  9. lescor

lescor

Have you looked at a vix chart from 2005-2006? We were in the 12-14 range for the better part of two years. How long are you willing to sit on the sidelines?

#19     Dec 22, 2010
  10. Good time to take the break :D

#20     Dec 22, 2010