be humble ... giving back to society

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SethArb, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Trapper

Trapper

Hello,

Do not overlook St. Jude children hospital. It is really a great organisation. This hospital has been a blessing to many families.

Best regards,

Trapper

They are also running a dream home fund raiser so that when you buy a ticket for 100.00 you also get a chance to win a 250,000 home.

#32     Jun 2, 2006
  3. I got it. George Costanza is a funny little man.

#33     Jun 2, 2006
  4. I hadn't heard of this organization previously, but I did some research and their mission truly is deserving of praise...

#34     Jun 4, 2006
  5. Surdo

Surdo

I donate a few times a year to http://www.dominicankids.com/

They are building a FREE dental clinic for poor children and all of the administrative costs as well as dental care are donated by expats.

#35     Jun 4, 2006
  6. i donate to several independent filmmakers

#36     Jun 4, 2006
  7. People who give money to African charities are pretty stupid, especially since this money usually gets intercepted and goes into the pockets of some militant cretin. If you're going to walk the walk, then give up your job and get on a plane. Otherwise, you're doing jackshit.

#37     Jun 4, 2006
  8. I have 3 philanthropic efforts, year in year out, regardless of other worthwhile causes that may appear, ala 911, tsunami, etc.

1) I donate to PBS TV. Monty Python and Benny Hill still crack me up. And watching RiverDance with wifey has benefits too!

2) Near the Holidays, I go to KFC and purchase 3 complete bucket meals. The works. The first homeless person or street beggar I see gets one. The other 2 are taken to a location where homeless are known to be, and given to homeless with children. Usually living a car. If many homeless with children are visible at the time, I go to my local RAD store and create goodybags of toiletries (toothpaste, TP, shampoo, etc etc) and hand those out.

3) I donate books to the public library.

As someone else mentioned; Give back any way you can.

#38     Jun 4, 2006
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Spoken like a true hypocrite.

#39     Jun 4, 2006
  10. http://www.christianchildrensfund.org/

The Christian Children's Fund provides aid to people in 13 countries in Africa: Angola, Chad, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Uganda, and Zambia.

If you don't want to give donations to any charitable organization because of their connection to Christianity or any other religion, don't worry, the Christian Children's Fund has no official connection with any religion, and they do not hand out bibles or any other Religious materials. Recipients of aid are not forced to attend religious services of any kind in order to receive aid or support.

#40     Jun 4, 2006