be humble ... giving back to society

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SethArb, Jun 2, 2006.

1. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

My happiness is giving most of my hard earned money to my friend, good ole Uncle Sam. :D

#11     Jun 2, 2006
  2. tutoring

#12     Jun 2, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

http://www.savethechildren.org/

I give monthly to this organization. Every man, woman and child worth anything should be giving to this organization, especially ET'ers. And especially those that pontificate all day in ET Chat or chit chat about saving the world.

Every single one of you can set aside a few dollars a month for this organization. They have no political affiliation nor are they religious based. They set up an automatic debit in your checking account so you don't even have to bother mailing a check every month.

My money is currently going towards all the sponsorship projects in Mozambique.

I challenge all ET'ers to step and do something. You talk the talk, now walk the walk.

#13     Jun 2, 2006
  4. I have donated enough to the markets to feed all of Kenya prime rib dinners with extra a jus sauce.

#14     Jun 2, 2006
  5. dont forget the pets. i am involved with the local humane society. this is prime breeding season for pets. shelters are being over run with newborns because people are too stupid to spay. millions will have to be destroyed. a donation of food will allow them to be kept alive longer.

#15     Jun 2, 2006
  6. toc

toc

Biggest formula for prosperity and happiness is to give and share!

Visit the site below and you can give just by a click and for free.

www.thehungersite.com

#16     Jun 2, 2006
  7. Amen.

And giving after a particularly depressing loss or while in a rut is the #1 restorative I can think of. Get the check out that night before you go home. It will pay you back in droves - I guarantee it. :)

#17     Jun 2, 2006
  8. Humor is not without satire. Or is it the other way around?...

I give to several Wild Life foundations, Special Olympics, Jerry's Kids, the Breast Cancer foundation, and I volunteer at a church serving Thanksgiving lunch and dinner.

I also volunteer part of my time helping those in need of help, right here on ET. FredBloggs, PLEASE seek psychiatric help, my talents only go so far...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1076915#post1076915

oh hell...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/searc...=1229579&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

#18     Jun 2, 2006
  9. Adobian

Adobian

Be a good family person. A good Dad/Mother, a good husband/wife, and good brother/sister, a good son/daughter, and you'd be contributing so much to society. Then, go further, be a good friend, and good neighbor, ... simply, a cool head.

Edit: I have just realized that as I typed the lines above, something on the stove was burning. Now, had I paid attention and not be addicted too much to forums, chatting, etc... had I been a good person, I would have saved a good dish, some money spent cooking it (and would have prevented and fire hazard.)

#19     Jun 2, 2006
  10. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Giving what to who? What does a person need to give? Should a person feel lucky? Why? Does a person need to give or share? Does being good and able bring you down? The only people on this earth who want to share and give, have nothing. Think about it. The rest don't give a......

#20     Jun 2, 2006