Be honest: Who here has noticed lack of credit, hardship borrowing, etc?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I remember receiving a pre-approved credit card in the mail recently. I recall my neighbors saying they are receiving credit card offers in the mail recently also.

#21     Oct 2, 2008
  2. Wage inflation ? I live in Florida and the workers wages are the same for at least 10-15 years .Maybe it is different somewhere else .

#22     Oct 2, 2008
  3. in regards to the op: high credit score and no problems getting credit. Just moved a Visa to 5.7 APR, the other stands at 6.5 for the past 5 years. 3 close friends just pulled 400k + mortgages at below 6%....no problems.

#23     Oct 2, 2008
  4. You on the CFC VIP lending program with rates like those?

#24     Oct 2, 2008
  5. Capital One

#25     Oct 2, 2008
  6. Edit: the mortgage rates above were secured over the past 7 months. latest was in July.

#26     Oct 2, 2008
  7. I personally haven't had any problems but know first-hand that a lot of the reasons that Ford's car sales were down is because of people not being approved for credit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were more details behind it like they weren't approved as they couldn't put down very much money.

I think this whole thing will impact the people the most that have a lower credit score where in the past they just charged higher rates.

Eric

#27     Oct 2, 2008
  8. Agreed creditors are being much more stringent on poor credit apps.

Party may be over for those who cannot control their irresponsible lifestyles. Ass hole down the road abandoned his 500k home while driving their 2 new lincoln navigators and house full of thomasville furniture. pisses me off that it is him and his irresponsibility to blame for a large portion of this. Just a small piece in a much bigger, fucked up pie.

Government is a great role model in spending what you don't have! And our economy has evolved to rely on that irresponsibility.

Yeah, I'm pissed!

#28     Oct 2, 2008
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

This is what everyone on TV has been trained to say. I cannot count the number of times I have heard "You won't be able to get a car loan or send your kids to college! No really, it is all of our problems! We must pass this bill!" in the past week. My bullsh*t detector has been going off pretty much everytime anyone speaks on TV, regardless of channel.

#29     Oct 2, 2008
  10. my wife and I just bought a house and getting approved for the mortgage was a task. we both have good credit scores and put over 20% down, that was not the problem. the problem was coming up with all the documents that the lender requested. It seemed like everytime I fulfilled their request they would come back with another request for more documents.

I think that the new policies are the right policies. It was a pain at the time, but I understood. If someone asked ME to lend them some money, a sum that would take 30 yrs to repay, I would certainly make sure that they had the ability to pay me back.

#30     Oct 2, 2008