Be careful with Antikapitalist

Discussion in 'Forex' started by PedroWheeler, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Greetings to all. For a long time a virus called Antikapitalist has wreaked havoc on broker accounts.

A quick summary of how it works so that they are alert: mainly the virus causes that all the money of the account is lost, independently of the broker. There is a hack, which probably came in one of the EA's that was downloaded from a forum of Russians and what it does is detect on any platform, MT4, MT5 Ninjatrader, cTrader, among others. It is activated when the EA is installed and it opens trading operations in different currency pairs opening and closing operations in a disorderly manner, so that the money begins to decrease in an automated way through these operations. The computer is hanging, that is, the trader can not stop the action of the virus. So people with an account in X broker can go from having 5000USD to be in 7USD or 0USD. Here is a video of how the virus operates:

KeLo likes this.
  2. Now the stinky forex traders here have an excuse

PedroWheeler and cole_ like this.
  3. Xela

Xela

Independent research has repeatedly been published (in magazines, on websites, etc. etc., I'm not referring to a single, isolated publication, here) which shows that the proportion of randomly sampled free EA's for MetaTrader that carry some kind of malware (virus, trojan, spyware, tracker, whatever) is extremely high: I've seen surveys reported in which it was over 80%.

It's among the many, many, many good and valid reasons for NOT using MT4/5.

d08 and boza like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Your video shows a demo account. Show it on a live real money account and then we will take heed.

Kthanksbye.

cole_ likes this.
  5. cole_

cole_

was it actually called fucking virus or was that just commentary from video creator

6. Word!

7. I have read something about it, and also that this is a problem of the user who is not careful enough to determine what he can or can not download / use.

8. d08

d08

Decent software should show you the code and you can determine what it wants to do. MetaTrader probably has DLLs and you can't see what they're doing. Serves people right for blindly executing these "EAs".

Xela likes this.
  9. luisHK

luisHK

uh ?!? do you really expect traders to.all be able to read computer code ? I couldn t tell u if a program is about to blow my computer or cook spaghetti...

PedroWheeler likes this.
  10. Well... Ok.

#10     Jan 20, 2018