(BD) Taleb; Fooled by Randomness

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Fluidity, Feb 11, 2003.

1. acrary

acrary

http://home.netcom.com/~ntaleb/newyorker.pdf

#11     Feb 11, 2003
  2. Perfect, thanks acrary !!

I think anyone interested in reading Taleb's book will enjoy this article.

#12     Feb 11, 2003
  3. huangks

huangks

I am reading this book right now (last chapter). Must have for anyone interested in trading or investment. Looking for the other book, Dynamic Hedging.

n thanks for the link, Acrary.

#13     Feb 11, 2003
  4. this book provides an awesome overview of statistical anomalies and answers the question. "why does that fund manager succeed and others fail".

highly recommend,

surfer

#14     Feb 11, 2003
  5. One caveat; you should have some understanding of probability and statistics first, otherwise you could get lost and miss the main points of the book. [/B][/QUOTE]

True, I read the book at Borders and despite my superficial knowledge of statistics (I passed the final in college by memorizing previous multiple choice Q as my private tutor let me down 2 weeks before the test :) ) I found it a very enjoyable read. There is no info on trading it's more about life, the misunderstanding of probability and the role of chance. The guy isobviously brilliant PHd Math University Paris Dauphine + MBA he was not born in the US I think and lived in Europe .

Well I am psoting but what the heck is happening in the market it just dropped 7 NQ points or so...

#15     Feb 11, 2003
  6. Boomer

Boomer

what is inet?

#16     Feb 11, 2003
  7. I think I have a system go long if it doesn't work out go short!

#17     Feb 11, 2003