BCH vs. BTC or The Raise of Bitcoin Cash

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bitcoin Cash has surged almost 80% in the last 7 days. Bitcoin Cash hard fork is going to happen on May 15. This is the most exciting event that I am waiting for. Besides, there are many other good news about Bitcoin Cash. Expecting the price will go up up up.

#51     Apr 24, 2018
  2. Good1

Good1

I've listened closely to Roger Ver debate various personalities and have come down on his side. I saw him flip a rude provocature off after the guy used the derogative term "Bcash", too many times. After I saw that, I sold my share of BTC for BCH, on principle, and haven't looked back.

I'm with Tibster here.

BCH is the most true to Satoshi's white paper, and BTC represents an alternative (alt coin)...but has somehow, in a less than honest process, absconded with the brand name.

I don't blame the Cash folks for pressing the name issue as far as possible. Good luck to the 600 rude litigants who want to bring statist force into the issue. I unsubscribe from any YouTuber who uses the "Bcash" abbreviation as unworthy of offering me any advice on any other nuanced issue (I don't need political lemmings as advisors).

The current health of BTC should never have been compromised/jeopardized for a future, faster L2 network, or to be an elite [expensive] store of value that forces use of an L2 network for transactions, which (L2) is still not viable or proven yet.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    #52     Apr 29, 2018
  3. At this point, Bitcoin Cash may be forming a bottom, which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Prices in the $1,000 -$1,200 range should not be a surprise.

The price is likely to remain volatile as the bears and the bulls battle it out to establish their reign. The latest news about the investigation of South Korean exchange Upbit by the country’s Financial Supervisory Commission (FSC) triggered the decline of Bitcoin Cash.

#53     May 13, 2018
  4. Macca1

Macca1

Lol you are trolling right? No one actually likes Bcash except for Bitmain.

#54     May 15, 2018
  5. Good1

Good1

No not trolling. It's not about liking or not, it's about the fact that BCH is what Bitcoin was up to August 2017. I find it hypocritical that the advocates of the changed/changing version of the Bitcoin protocol have the audacity to turn around and use insults like "B-Trash". Really? You're saying Bitcoin was trash from 2009 to 2017?

#55     May 16, 2018
  6. Tibster

Tibster

There's no use replying to someone that uses the term "Bcash". It's only used in Blockstream controlled echo chambers. It might have been called that a few days after the fork, but the rest of the world moved on with Bitcoin Cash. That shows how much these echo chambers live in their own bubble and censor any outsiders that disagree with them. They have lost a lot of members lately and whoever is still left has attained zealot status. It's impossible to have a good discussion with them.

#56     May 16, 2018
  7. The much-hyped May 15 fork didn't really create much of a rally. Bitcoin cash price will remain under pressure, given that it declined below the $1,000 support level.

#57     May 27, 2018
  8. Good1

Good1

Roger Ver is on a roll over there in Japan. Now he needs help coming up with a new reference to the old Bitcoin since it doesn't really deserve to retain the brand name. In the following vid he mulls over just calling it "BTC", or "Lightning ICO", and the other guy called it "bitcore" as it is becoming "a settlement layer for the lightning network" (which is still in alpha).

He mentions how you can be banned from Reddit r/bitcoin for posting a link to Satoshis original white paper (or at least have the post deleted), and notes the CEO of Coinbase has had posts deleted, or has been banned from same. Has put out a $250,000 prize if Reddit will step in to put an end to the censorship.

The combination of Bitcoin cash functioning as cash and having Ver as a salesman convinces me BCH will outperform BTC in 2018. When pressed for price predictions, Ver is conservative, guessing BCH will double by December while BTC will rise by 30%.

#58     Jun 4, 2018
  9. According to Ver, convenience stores and retailers in Japan will opt to accept Bitcoin cash in the near-term (next 3-6 months). He also points out to the pending partnership with Menufly to accepting BCH as payment for the company's large-scale operations in major cities.

#59     Jun 7, 2018