BCA: China has 20-30% more downside to go

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Feb 27, 2007.

1. http://main.hsi.com.hk/hsicom/table/MnPEHSI.html

Go there.
    Hang Seng PE is 15.95, and thats end of last month... Mainland china H-shares aren't much different. I think a bit lower at the moment.

Nasdaq PEs (as well as S&P) were astronomical in comparison during tech bubble.

read the charts and study the fundamentals.. everything is a gamble, by the way, especially trend following when valuations are out of control (which they usually are, if you are trend following).

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. The trend is your friend....:p

#12     Feb 28, 2007
  3. Heng Sang is based on H shares. Look at the Shanghai index. I think it would be a different story.

#13     Feb 28, 2007

4. I wasn't talking about buying Shanghai; I was talking about FXI (which is approx equiv to hhi.hk H shares).

Shanghai is nuts; we all agree.

#14     Feb 28, 2007
  5. dac8555

dac8555

I dont really put much weight in P/Es I think other things are MUCH more important.

What we have here that i feel is more important is a perception that the economy is overheated...which is why the govt is trying to put the brakes on.

if the govt puts the brakes on..no amount of P/E justification can save you.

look back to october 19, 1987 for a famous overnight move in trying to slow the economy..the speech started with "unfortunately"

#15     Feb 28, 2007