BBG - Stocks Quants Are Reeling From the Worst Run in 8 Years

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by truetype, Jul 11, 2018.

1. truetype

truetype

cvds16 and Maverick1 like this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

JesseJamesFinn1 and Maverick1 like this.
  3. David Goodboy... he bought several of my computers over 2 of my system upgrades.

4. LOL, is this a joke? Or is that guy really popular or something? I saw only 11 reviews of his book you linked, so I'll assume the former. :)

vanzandt likes this.
  5. This is not unexpected. If one of the best human value investors like David Einhorn is suffering from a multi-year bad performance, I would expect machines employing the same strategy to do just as badly.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

In that case I am the next Einstein. :p

murray t turtle and Windlesham1 like this.
  7. %%
    LOL
    I seldom lose twice on a single stock, like SUPV or GOOG, even though its not a rule. Usually can find something better. Good volume since we got out[SUPV,GOOG].LOL. I would never trade/ invest in something like FB, or GOOG-with QQQ doing almost as well .GOOG price mostly ignored the 5 billion fine [dollars or euros,LOL??], but they could have knocked it down much more........

ironchef likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

Thanks for the tips. I went back and compare QQQ with GOOGL, my goodness you are right! Actually QQQ is better:
    upload_2018-7-20_10-29-39.png
    upload_2018-7-20_10-30-15.png
    I have to rethink my strategy.

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    And [D] QQQ seems a bit stronger/longer for a JULY; but that is not saying much.LOL And NOT a prediction, but QQQ is not likely to get fined 5 billion euros, or dollars......:D:cool: