BBC News - Why China’s influence in Brazil is setting off alarm bells in the US.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 5, 2006.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

"Argentina says it will pay its $10bn foreign debt to the International Monetary Fund three years early"

"Brazil plans to pay off its entire $15.5bn debt to the International Monetary Fund two years ahead"

these people now has plenty of money and they don't have to listen to other telling them how to run their own country.

#11     Apr 5, 2006
  2. .

Version77: Hey, this sounds like a bright idea. Brazil can try to build nuclear bombs so the US can have a good reason to invade Brazil and
    take whatever they want from Brazil. And with the UN's blessing!

I think President Bush will like your idea very much. In fact, just the mention of WMD's in Brazil will be good enough to invade Brazil.

April 6, 2006

SouthAmerica: Brazil has a very advanced biological weapons system - and biological weapons are considered WMD.

And the nuclear weapons are just a few steps from completion.

What Brazil needs is to finish fast the nuclear weapons and announce to the world that Brazil has these nuclear weapons, and they should test at least one to show to the world that they mean business.

Version77: Uh, why don't you work harder on trying to figure out how to get Colombia to quit making tons of cocaine and transporting it up to the US? That might be helpful.

SouthAmerica: You can’t blame Colombia because the US is the largest market for drug junkies in the world.

The problem is not in Colombia. The problem is in the United States. The Colombians are just producing a product needed in the US market. It is pure capitalism. It is supply meeting demand.

What Americans need to figure out is why they have a nation full of junkies.

SouthAmerica: By the way, if the drugs did not come from Colombia – the American demand would be fulfilled with drugs from some place else. Even from local design drugs as a last resort.

At the end of the day Americans need their drugs – legal and illegal – to keep them going.

nkhoi: "Argentina says it will pay its $10bn foreign debt to the International Monetary Fund three years early"

"Brazil plans to pay off its entire $15.5bn debt to the International Monetary Fund two years ahead"

SouthAmerica: Brazil and Argentina have paid their debts in full to the IMF as of the end of 2005.

Brazil as a country is in a very good financial position.

They moved this thread from economics to chit chat. I guess any time the thread is about something that they don’t want people to know about the thread ends up in chit chat.

#12     Apr 6, 2006
  3. SouthAmerica: You can’t blame Colombia because the US is the largest market for drug junkies in the world.

Bullcrap. If Columbia would stop producing cocaine the cocaine
    use in the United States would drop like a rock. Why? Because
    there wouldn't be any!

I can not believe you think it is okay for Columbia to produce
    cocaine and then say it the fault of the US that people here use it.
    You make it sound like Columbia is doing the US a favor for making
    drugs! That's nuts!

The problem is not in Colombia. The problem is in the United States. The Colombians are just producing a product needed in the US market. It is pure capitalism. It is supply meeting demand.

What Americans need to figure out is why they have a nation full of junkies.

Probably because there is so much of it on every street of
    every major city, that's why. I wonder how many coke users there
    are in Columbia, Brazil, ect...?

SouthAmerica: By the way, if the drugs did not come from Colombia – the American demand would be fulfilled with drugs from some place else. Even from local design drugs as a last resort.

At the end of the day Americans need their drugs – legal and illegal – to keep them going.

No, it is more like Columbia needs to make cocaine to keep itself
    going.

Not to mention coffee, which by the way is just another drug.
    South American countries need to examine why they produce so
    many drugs. I guess they are greedy for the money?

#13     Apr 6, 2006
  4. Are you kidding???

China has a model to stop poverty?

Take a look at poverty in rural areas of China and tell me how good their model works.

again, laughable.

#14     Apr 6, 2006
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

v77:

the facts are as follows:

americas spraying of colombian land to destroy the coca plant have a devastating affect. they stop coca production for 6 months as it is a hardy plant. however, the spray stop the production of alternative cash crops for 2 years. also, americas fiscal agreements & other foreign policy with columbia are also prohibitive in helping them finance other industries.

so columbia will have little choice in the matter until america acts responsibly. columbian farmers have to eat you know. they have to produce something to sell, and thanks to america, coca is the easiest and most profitable thing to grow in the middle of a mountain, in the middle of nowhere when you have no money.

i dont think saying if colombia stopped growing coca there would be no junkies in america. americans also grow weed in their own country, and smoke it. just like they produce crystal meth and synthetic cocaine and crack.

anyway, what would the republicans do to relax and have a good time if it wasnt for cocaine?

#15     Apr 6, 2006
  6. you should consider changing your handle to virgin77 to reflect the status of your pea brain.

do you guys work in developing your idiocy are r you born with it.

#16     Apr 6, 2006
  7. Another bozo with nothing to contribute...:D

#17     Apr 6, 2006
  8. i'll leave the contribution to you smart ass.

:cool:

#18     Apr 6, 2006
  9. jem

jem

I am very impressed with the andrada doctrine. In terms of world impact on the last century I would rank it right up there with say the USFL.

#19     Apr 6, 2006
  10. .

Sputdr: Are you kidding???

China has a model to stop poverty?

Take a look at poverty in rural areas of China and tell me how good their model works.

again, laughable.

April 6, 2006

SouthAmerica: Why laughable?

As an American you should be crying by now since the US is the “Patsy” on this deal.

It is working well for many countries in South America, but it will work only as long the US is able to play the role of “Patsy” then we all will have a major problem.

Brazil is selling everything in sight to China, and in some commodities they have been able to double the price because of demand from China.

Brazil receives this massive inflow of cash from all this business transactions and pays all its international debts. (That is what is going on – debt fully paid to IMF and so on…very soon Brazil will be debt free to any foreign country.)

At the same time the Brazilian currency skyrocket against the value of the US dollar, making even easier for the Brazilians to pay its international debt that were mostly denominated in US dollars.

Then the “Patsy” keeps buying everything in sight from China – on credit – and the exchange rate between the two nations – China and the “Patsy” – changes only a little bit to keep the Patsies happy.

In the meantime China keeps investing their US dollars to keep the Patsy afloat in exchange to good paying jobs flowing from the Patsies country to China.

At the same time the Patsies' country is accumulating a Mount Everest pile of debt - money borrowed from other countries - and also at the same time they are dismantling their middle class which is the foundation of their economy – a toxic mixture that will cost dearly to future generations of people living in the USA.

This entire game can keep going only to the limit of the international credit of the Patsy country. After that all I know is that the Patsy country will be swamped in debt and the people in the Patsy country would have lost its pensions, and other health benefits because of greedy corporations – first these corporations promised them all these benefits and at the time of paying for their promises they found out that it was easier and more profitable to just repudiate their past promises.

In a few years the Patsies country will become the biggest “Banana Republic” in the history of the world. After the corporations repudiated on their promises of pensions and health care, the federal government, the states, and local governments also followed the same strategy – almost overnight the population of the Patsies country went from been a superpower, to a meltdown similar to the one in the Soviet Union.

To be continued…..

#20     Apr 6, 2006