BBC News - How the US 'lost' Latin America.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Apr 6, 2006.

1. You guys in NA are soo in denial... You may not like it, but that's the way the world feels about the US right now.

#11     Apr 8, 2006
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Don't say "NA". I'm in Alberta, and even in this most American of Canadian provinces the mood is overwhelmingly anti-Bush.

#12     Apr 8, 2006
  3. fhl

fhl

Do you read the posts on this thread before you post? NOBODY DENIES THAT BUSH IS HATED. What we are saying is that THE US is right and latin america is wrong. Get it? Are you in denial? Your countries are gigantic welfare states filled with corruption. If you liked us, it would mean we adopted your policies that destroy economies. WE DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE YOU. And, contrary to the implications of what you say, you have much more to lose than we do by breaking relations with the US.

#13     Apr 8, 2006
  4. When SA is being put on ignore for quoting BBC News, someone is in denial...

As for your comments based upon me being from or living anywhere in South or Latin America, your assumption is wrong.

#14     Apr 8, 2006
  5. Ah, yes - my bad. I meant US, sorry about that. No offense intended. Been to the Canadian Rockies once for skiing, loved it!

#15     Apr 8, 2006
  6. Cesko

Cesko

What's so special about BBC?

#16     Apr 8, 2006
  7. Ricter

Ricter

They're English, who supported us in Iraq, therefore they "are for us". Hence, what they say is more true.

#17     Apr 8, 2006
  8. Cesko

Cesko

SA tell me something new.
    Brazil-country with potential, first time I heard that was like 30 years ago.
    Collapsing $$, I've been hearing that for at least 20 years. And I am a fool??
    :D
    And yes $$ is not going to be a dominant currency for much longer IMO but you know what? It's going to be a good thing for the U.S. in the long run. Whatever curbs the power of imbecils in Washington is good for the country as a whole.

P.S. I might be a fool and maybe that's why I cannot understand why Brazil has to adopt a foreign currency. Doesn't it mean that Brazilians are unable to govern their own freaking country? Or maybe it's a fault of almighty USA?

#18     Apr 8, 2006
  9. .

Cesco: I might be a fool and maybe I know that's why I cannot understand why Brazil has to adopt a foreign currency. Doesn't it mean that Brazilians are unable to govern their own freaking country? Or maybe it's a fault of almighty USA?

April 8, 2006

SouthAmerica: I am the only voice that I know who has been recommending that Brazil adopts the euro – I wrote more than 10 articles on that subject since 1999.

No, it doesn’t mean that Brazilians are unable to govern their own country. It means that the world is not static as you think, and globalization and international trade makes it a very interesting and dynamic place that changes all the time.

By the way, on your static way of thinking – you said you are a trader – are you still trading and investing in French Francs, Italian Liras, Spanish Pesetas, German Marks, and also in the old currencies of the other countries of the European Union?

If you don’t understand international economics then you should stick with trading Baseball cards – since you claim to be a trader.

#19     Apr 8, 2006
  10. dis

dis

Great. Now let's lose their illegals who burden our prison and welfare rolls. Let Hugo Chavez feed them.

#20     Apr 8, 2006