Bay Area Real Estate Market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by waggie945, Feb 19, 2004.

1. For the month of February, historically:

Seattle:

The Average Maximum Temp in Seattle: 49.5
    The Average Minimum Temp in Seattle: 37.4
    Average Rainfall: 5"

SF East Bay:

The Average Maximum Temp in SF East Bay: 60.9
    The Average Minimum Temp in SF East Bay: 41.0
    Average Rainfall: 1"

#31     Feb 20, 2004
  2. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I have been to Silverlake a few times recently and i cked out portland. My vote is for CAL. I will end up on that coast soon enough....and there is so much of everything with in a cars drive, sking, snowboarding, surfing, hiking, fishing, biking, man...so much outdoor activity.

CA is a very beautiful place........price-e as hell, but seems to be worth the money.

#32     Feb 20, 2004
  3. You are wrong about Prop. 13 only applying to residents of Santa Clara County.

Prop 13 was a statewide property tax initiative that was put on the voters ballot 25 years ago by Howard Jarvis.

http://www.hjta.org/prop13.htm

#33     Feb 20, 2004
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

what do you think Arnold will do to pay off the high debt of CA?

pass it on to the property owners?
    raise statetax levels?
    Add a consumtion tax?

Who the hell is gona pay for the debt?

will we see O.C.bonds go bust?

#34     Feb 20, 2004
  5. Well...

Squaw absolutely rocks. If you are a half decent skier, leaving the crowds is easy. I have skied just about everywhere of size from the Rockies west, and must say Squaw is one of my favorites. Whistler often rains at the bottom in the middle of winter.

Beaches not crowded at all N. Cal.

The sea life in Monterey can't be beaten. Incredible diving in the kelp forests, especially at night. Diving is much better than the Puget Sound.

Delta has world class windsurfing.

Besides, the winters here in the NW are depressing as hell (I'm currently in Portland, but leaving promptly).

Jay

#35     Feb 21, 2004
    #36     Feb 21, 2004
  7. The weather here is incredible.....Can't beat it.

Michael B.

#37     Feb 21, 2004
  8. Just borrow it....we will get it back with our equity...

Michael B.

#38     Feb 21, 2004
  9. I know this is off subject, but I own a vacation home in New Hampshire on a lake. I noticed that it has appreciated quite a lot in the last year alone. I have never lived in it, but kept it just in case I got out that way on business. My accountant informed me that I needed to refi or do something with it (sell perhaps). I still make mortgage payments on it but frankly I think I am just going to pay it off and let it sit. I think its amazing what has been happening with real estate this last couple of years. Best to all Steve46

#39     Feb 21, 2004
  10. xbrxx

xbrxx

I have a cousin planning to move to orlando, florida permanently in june. I anticipate him returning to cali by the end of year. lol

Anyways, best spot to ski in tahoe? Homewood hands down. Views of the lake to die for. Have entire runs to yourself, no worries about dodging other skiers. And not to mention, they don't price gouge like the other joints.

xbrxx

#40     Feb 21, 2004