Bay Area Real Estate Market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by waggie945, Feb 19, 2004.

1. south florida is a lot cheaper. I was in south beach and the keys for a while. But if you're interested in real estate investing, CA is the place for you. The realty in the bay area is sky rocketed by lack of space and high demand. Marin and SF offer the finest of lifestyles. I believe that three towns in Marin (which is the north bay, north of SF) are of the twenty richest places in the US. The median rental price in SF surpassed NY a few years ago. When the dot com crash happened real estate prices went down only slightly in SF and Marin, and for a short while. They can't stop going up. Making money in real estate here seems like a piece of cake. I'm out of stocks once I'm into realty. Even if a there is a real estate market lull in the next few years, my strategy should allow me to make a lot of money.

#21     Feb 20, 2004
  2. You are just kidding yourself about people leaving California for Florida.

First off, the weather in California beats that of Florida, hands down. As Rowenwood enumerated, the lifestyle in the San Francisco Bay Area is something just short of INCREDIBLE.

Furthermore, the Economy here in California is one that ranks as one of the TOP 5 Countries in the World. Extremely diverse, too.
    Not just a place for Disneyland and Tourism.

Also, the property taxes here in California are capped at 2% per annum due to Proposition 13. As for State Taxes being a concern, you can always buy a condo up in Stateline, Nevada and ski Tahoe with no taxes.

Take a look at the following weblink and tell me how many towns and cities from CALIFORNIA are in the top 20 or top 50 or 60 for that matter!

http://www.real-estate-tech.com/usa.htm

#22     Feb 20, 2004
  3. Could someone elaborate on "lifestyle" advantages of S.F.? I'm curious because I haven't been there. What makes it so great BESIDES the weather? Thanks

RUSTING AWAY IN CLEVELAND

#23     Feb 20, 2004
  4. lifestyles but

Marin is where one changes from yuppie to super yuppie. This is the height of capitalism. It's another world and the people aren't necessarily stuck up. They're tree hugging millionaires. It's decadence at its best. There is no comparison that I'm aware of. It's absurd.

#24     Feb 20, 2004
  5. #25     Feb 20, 2004
  6. Luto

Luto

I believe, Prop 13 applies only to those who are Santa clara residents when it was invoked (70's).

Skiing in CA is like drving on a freeway. Not a Mountain experince IMHO. Try BC and not Whistler.

Beaches are nice but again crowded and the sealife is tenously holding on. There has not been a live dungenss crab lava in SF bay for a long while. Puget sound is healthy and bountiful and g

Delta is very poluted from the Agriculture. Heck I would not eat a fish from there more than once every 3 years and make it a small one please

Weather AWESOME. Go swimming in Feb! Spring is in the air now

Cost of living... Crazy. I get lunch for $3 here in seattle would cost me 8 in Mountain view. Toro sashimi? $80 a pound. Here $27.

Just 2 cents.... Would I own CA real estate? I wish I had bought the golf course east of the dumbarton in 1978 for 100K after the club house burned down, for the second time :)

Can ya tell I am done for the week?:p

#26     Feb 20, 2004
  7. BC is miserable in winter. Alaska is better looking. Isn't BC being chopped down at an amazing rate?

#27     Feb 20, 2004
  8. What's wrong Luto?
    You don't have anything good to say about Heavenly Valley, Squaw, or Kirkwood?

Try going up during the middle of the week.
    That way, instead of 7,000 people at a place like Kirkwood, you only have about 1,000.

http://www.kirkwood.com/gallery.shtml

#28     Feb 20, 2004
  9. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

nice return on that investment rt

#29     Feb 20, 2004
  10. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

S. Florida is shit......who the hell wants to live here unless ur in the mid 80s of your golden years.....are you kidding me.

I live on the intercoastal right across from the ocean on A1a....in Dell Ray beach...renting a house. As i drive down my street, every house is for sale, there are more for sale signs, that have sat and sat since i moved here.

The weather is nice, and there are some real nice area's, however, shit roles down here, and all the crap from the rest of the united states ends up in Florida, south. From the drug addicts and criminals , to the East Coast rejects with Money and wana be Soprano life style.

I dont belive the real estate value in south Florida, including South Beach, and north beach is going to be worth much more than what you pay for it now. In fact, It is overpriced IMHO.

#30     Feb 20, 2004