Bay Area Real Estate Market

Discussion in 'Economics' started by waggie945, Feb 19, 2004.

1. megadon

megadon

real estate can make you millions:)

#11     Feb 19, 2004

2. yeah but how do you cash out? You either take equity out thus debt or you move to a cheaper area. If your home value goes up everything else does so you have to "downgrade" or go in the middle of nowhere. I can't see why someone would want to do that if you live in say Santa Cruz, San Diego etc. Yeah Vegas is not bad I guess from what I hear but it's not California, the best place to live in the whole world!

It 's just sad that young people can't afford a home and some greedy landlords take advantage of the situation and then call themselves geniuses.

#12     Feb 19, 2004
  3. megadon

megadon

waterfront property big pices only at least 10 acres 3 to7 year hold in a warm state developable you can make 1000 percent if you pick the right spot land is gods ipo

#13     Feb 19, 2004
  4. megadon

megadon

buy by the mile sell by the inch you can buy apiece of land for 400000 an sell it for 5000000 it just has to be the right pice raw land speculation is the way to go

#14     Feb 19, 2004
  5. Kickin,your absolutely right, we have an office in Vegas and the guys their all the time try to get me to move their, .....but everytime I drive up my driveway into my beautiful home in the redwoods and then take the dog 10 minutes to run on the beach, I can't think of a single reason I would want to lose that to move to the desert. Their "IS" a downside to my situation especially.

rttrader1 -

#15     Feb 19, 2004
  6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Just tell everyone how terrible it is in California: fires, earthquakes, high taxes, the govern-ator etc.

Funny how all the refugees from California's terrible conditions always end up moving back after they are gone for a few years. ...Save yourself the cost of the move ....

#16     Feb 20, 2004
  7. My college roomate from CAL-Berkeley moved away from the Bay Area to Minnesota about 5 months ago and guess what?

He can't take it anymore.
    Nor can his wife who is a native of Minnesota!
    He and his family are moving back at the end of this month.

Sometimes, the grass isn't always greener.

:p

#17     Feb 20, 2004
  8. my age (29ish) living here in San Diego and watching prices skyrocket, i want to stop paying rent but i dont want to live in a sh*thole either.So I pay my $2300 and live beachfront in Cardiff by the sea untill I make a few mill trading and then upgrade to purchase some La Jolla property.

:p

I have thought about moving somewhere cheaper but still by the beach and all I can think of is buying beachfront in Costa Rica for $150K:cool: :D

#18     Feb 20, 2004
  9. Isn't South Florida a lot cheaper than California? It's pretty cool there, I mean not temperature wise, and no income tax and better hours.

#19     Feb 20, 2004
  10. megadon

megadon

do the math for florida vs cali taxes for the next 10 years the smart guys are in florida the compounded tax savings are so big it leaves you no choice but to move fast:)

#20     Feb 20, 2004