Batty Alec Baldwin Bails after Brutal Bitchslapping

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Apr 7, 2006.

1. It is the lefties who kowtow and scoop up the crap their celeb allies dish out like pigs at a trough.

It is the Left over whom these celebrities hold power.

#31     Apr 7, 2006
  2. Pabst

Pabst

And the celebs know the conservatives give a flying fuck about them. That's why the right drives them crazy. In Pabst's world, Jeff Gordon would make $50,000,000 a year and Alec Baldwin would be a B-movie star. Oh shit, that is the reality.

#32     Apr 7, 2006
  3. Personally, I think celebrities should have more influence in politics. Since 95% of them are liberals, and since most of them lack even a high school education, their ideas should doom the Democrats to another 30 or 40 years of minority status.

It's also a good thing that they contribute so much dough to Democrats. That gives them access and the clout to insist that they be treated seriously, even though most politicians would prefer to get a root canal without pain killer than listen to Barbra talk politics.

#33     Apr 7, 2006
  4. Rush Limbaugh is a celebrity...

Doh!

Dittoheads daily feed at the slop trough of king pig himself, Rush "Celebrity Drug Addict" Limbaugh....

#34     Apr 7, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Being well known or famous is hardly celebrity. Does Rush go on talk television to shill his show? Do people stalk and gaze Rush down here in Florida? Actors who paradoxically choose to be better known for their fame then their work are the modern celebrity. Your neck of the woods is filled with those duplicitous creatures....

#35     Apr 7, 2006
  6. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone would reach any political conclusions on the basis of Fat Limbaugh, or any other celebrity.

Yes, Rush is a celebrity, that is why they put him on Monday Night Football, where he proceeded to display his ignorance, which he does daily on his show.

Your argument is, as it usually is, missing the point.....

#36     Apr 7, 2006
  7. Pabst

Pabst

No you miss the point. Rush Limbaugh's vocation is the dispensing of political demagoguery. As opposed to someone who's day job is acting/singing scripted lines into a mike. Even if Rush were a fraud. Even if his act is just an act, a sham, a charade, his fame is still derived exclusively from his gab on politics. Much as no one wants to hear Rush sing, few care about Streisand's view of D.C.

Note: I haven't listened to a composite 30 hours of Limbaugh in my life but I've owned a few Streisand albums.

#37     Apr 7, 2006
  8. Because he has a "paying" audience makes the swill he dishes worth listening to?

ROTFLMAO.....

Both are celebrities, period.

Political opinions of Rush or Baldwin have the same atomic weight.

Dittoheads would pay to hear Rush sing.....

Geez, I think sometimes people forget this is America, where every single citizen has a right to speak their political views nearly whenever they want, and the audience has a right to switch the channel....

#38     Apr 7, 2006
  9. Pabst

Pabst

Well sure. I always as a trader liked the saying "opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one." There's WAY too much commentary in life. Whether it's CNN, CNBC, ESPN or ET. The information age is the age of second guessers. So yea, Alec and Babs have a right to their opinion just as Rush or Sean do. But ultimately the public does give credence to those who they "pay" in a particular field. Clooney can rant and rave but ultimately his soapbox is small compared to those who rant daily in their own venue.

#39     Apr 7, 2006
  10. The public makes American Idol the #1 show, so that equates to credence of the wanna-bee's talents?

If Clooney's soapbox is so small, why do the right wingers get so bent out of shape when Clooney voices his opinions?

It is not like Clooney is on from noon to three 5 days a week spewing BS....

#40     Apr 7, 2006