Battle over oil: Pelosi just opened the door to Bush Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Jul 14, 2008.

1. So, let me get this straight.

Instead of citing a known, pre-1991 circa mound of yellow cake, which was siting in rusting barrels, in a known location (known by every western power), as a reason to invade Iraq, the U.S. constructed a provably false story, based on intentionally manipulated Italian intelligence, that Saddam Hussein was attempting to obtain fresh supplies of highly enriched yellow cake from Niger, along with 'aluminum tubes;' a claim that even the Bush White House now has conceded time and time again was false?

Okay, Steve.

Sure. Whatever helps you maintain that dogma.

#51     Jul 16, 2008
  2. This is typical of those with Bush Derangement Syndrome.

Since they can't touch the fact that Saddam was paying suicide bmber's families $25k, or that he was breaking conditions of their surrender, or that they were delaying entry into various facilities to UN inspectors, they try and deflect onto the WMD's.

Just like I've been saying, WMDs weren't the only reason that Congress signed off on invading Iraq.

But those with BDS will say that since 1 factor has been proven false, he must have been lying about it. So what about the other reasons?

They'll dodge and weave and avoid answering the question cuz it makes their BDS fall apart if they answer truthfully.

#52     Jul 16, 2008
  3. LOL...

Pot, meet kettle...

#53     Jul 16, 2008
  4. Don't expect a response any time soon.

I'm just wondering if the Third Reich had soldiers anywhere near as loyal to their führer as some of the free (from) thinking Bush supporters. Sometimes it's just hard to tell.

#54     Jul 16, 2008
  5. I'm not aware that the yellowcake story was ever officially debunked, as opposed to the liberal media declaring it debunked pre-election. The story was that iraq officials went to niger to attempt to get yellowcake,not that they ever bought any. The only debunking I am aware of was the ridiculous windbag Joe Wilson writign a NYT column that was full of lies. The administration may have said that it was a mistake to put it in the president's speech without more confirmation but that is not exactly an official disavowal.

Whatever. It is history, like the blue dress. I for one concede that the Iraq invasion was a huge mistake and that the aftermath was handled with stunning incompetency. It ruined Bush's presidency and left a big mess for his successor.

#55     Jul 16, 2008
  6. Ha you are such a tool of the Dems.
    You are basically saying the President let the terrorist of the 9/11 attacks go without an overwhelming reason to stop an immediate threat to the U.S.

That's ok - Bush saved you anyway. Remember to thank him.

#56     Jul 16, 2008