Battle over oil: Pelosi just opened the door to Bush Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Jul 14, 2008.

1. SteveD

SteveD

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath...a felony in the US..lost his law license.....

The US just removed tons of "yellow cake" from Iraq....Iraq sent Scuds into Isreal during the first Gulf War....gas mask came out with reporters.....

Bill Clinton and Al Gore wanted to rid the world of Saddam....especially Gore.....most of US Senate voted for war with Saddam......

Exactly what is Bush's impeachable offense????? Don't prattle on incoherently.....name exact offense.....

By the way: Dems too stupid to understand that vote authorized President to conduct military action as he saw fit is NOT an impeachable offense, LOL....

SteveD

#41     Jul 15, 2008
  2. SteveD, you ignorant slut (I'm joking - sort of).

But seriously, that has to be the most ignorant post I've ever read, and that's quite a feat.

Yellowcake in Iraq?

You are shitting us, right?

Didn't you get the memo on the Nigeria bullshit?

#42     Jul 15, 2008
  3. First, it was Niger, not Nigeria. Second, there was a recent report about 500 tons of yellowcake being transported out of Iraq to canada I believe. Obviously Ambassador Joe Wilson was the one who got it all wrong. Not that the media gives a shit.

#43     Jul 15, 2008
  4. I swear these posts are like something out of the Onion.com. Do you even know what "yellowcake" is? That's rhetorical, of course you don't.

Can you provide a link to a source from anywhere on this planet in this Universe or any other that refers to what you wrote? Thanks.

#44     Jul 15, 2008
  5. Here's the yellowcake story. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/

In part:

updated 6:57 p.m. ET, Sat., July. 5, 2008
    The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

#45     Jul 15, 2008
  6. You're correct - Niger. My bad.

But the yellow cake and aluminum tube claims have been dismissed as erroneous by the Bush Administration, even.

Colin Powell is very upset because he was 'forced' to read what he knew at the time was suspect intelligence at the U.N. Council. He is not blameless, IMO.

The basic point is that the yellow cake claim was debunked officially by our own government a long time ago.

Don't you agree? If not, do you have any cites to credible sources?

If you don't, were you really serious?

http://www.time.com/time/columnist/karon/article/0,9565,463779,00.html

#46     Jul 15, 2008
  7. Source please.

#47     Jul 15, 2008
  8. Thanks

#48     Jul 15, 2008
  9. Oh, this is the new, feeble, and truly desperate neocon defense of their yellow cake line - seizing on the fact that a pre-1991 circa stockpile of yellow cake was 'found' in Iraq and sold to a Canadian company recently.

It just happened to be known about since before '91, was lowly in quality, and was NEVER even mentioned as a justification for the WMD claim by the Bush Admin, except by Bush lackeys (mostly bloggers) just recently, in a desperate attempt to vindicate their patently false Niger yellow cake claims.

I get it now.

"The AP article on the subject says that the yellowcake in question was acquired before the First Gulf War:

Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gUzCIe4JyTofL4u4RnaUn-75BV2QD91O4NJ82

http://ask.metafilter.com/95987/Iraq-yellowcake

#49     Jul 15, 2008
  10. SteveD

SteveD

So Saddam had been up to no good for many years, LOL....Saddam also confessed he was going to start up the program once the inspectors left Iraqi....

Son, I may be a lot of things, but ignorant is not one of them....

You remind me of an old saying:

"No one is a complete loss, they can always be used as a bad example".....

SteveD

#50     Jul 16, 2008