Battle over oil: Pelosi just opened the door to Bush Impeachment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wilburbear, Jul 14, 2008.

1. You're one of those NWO wackos, eh?

Here's a question - if the goal of the NWO is for everyone to "don't worry, be happy sheep", then what possible good is it to let this whole thing happen? All it does is make people more suspicious of people in the guv, which presumably wouldn't be the goal of the NWO. Guess they aren't all that powerful, eh?

But the only powerful force is that Monica was a weak minded individual - even T-dog seems to agree with that. And Bill took advantage, in a pathetic attempt to bolster his own self worth.

#21     Jul 15, 2008
  2. Riiight.

An intern that takes a semen stained dress off, wraps it in plastic, without cleaning a speck of fabric, and saves it in her closet for years.

Sure. She wanted a souvenir from the White House to show to her grandchildren one day.

:cool:

#22     Jul 15, 2008
  3. Darn, you're on to me. I confess. I guess a full and proper investigation of Bush would serve me right, eh?

#23     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Perhaps Clinton wasn't the only one to take advantage of her weak-mindedness...

I don't know and I no longer care. That's over. Let's deal with the here and now.

#24     Jul 15, 2008
  5. You don't have an answer, do you?

See, this is typical. The only way to answer this would mean that you need to use the Inflationary Model. That means you will have a statement. I will question it, and the only way to counter my questions will be to inflate the conspiracy to include more individuals, and on and on until the whole world except believers in the NWO are part of the conspiracy.

Which is of course delusional.

#25     Jul 15, 2008
  6. Ahh, but it does answer the original question does it not?

That is, this MIGHT be in retaliation to Clinton's impeachment. Gotta remember that Pelosi and whole lot of other Dems were in office during this period. And pols have a looooong memory, senor.

Bush has called out "the Dem controlled Congress" a few times lately.

Now it's their turn to raise the bar. How does that make you feel that they have kept this on the back burner for so long, to be used as a political tool, rather than just doing it on its own merits?

To feel that there's an impeachable offense here, as I expect a lot of Dem congressmen do, and do nothing until it's politically expedient, is a little wonky, eh?

#26     Jul 15, 2008
  7. No, that's not my meaning at all.

Rather, that maybe, just MAYBE, your mindset is already that you wouldn't accept a rejection of impeachment proceedings if the Judiciary Committee decided that there isn't anything there.

Enlighten me if I'm wrong.

#27     Jul 15, 2008
  8. Yes and no. Consider this outside possibility. Perhaps an eventual investigation into Bush's administration is inevitable. However, the damage has already been done. The question remaining is one of timing? Perhaps it's a carrot and stick thing, trying to keep in check a mad man in Office, at least for the remainder of his tenure. However, if he chooses to go on a rampage during his lame duck phase, then there is little utility in holding back the inevitable investigation.

Not that I necessarily buy into this theory, but hey.

#28     Jul 15, 2008
  9. Haroki, you are wrong about me. You assume way too much about what I intended. And I don't think it's for lack of clarity in what I wrote.

I never said anything about a 'NWO,' and never came close to insinuating that any such entity had any involvement in the Lewinsky scandal.

Do I believe it's possible, and maybe even likely, that the sexual trist between Lewinsky and Clinton wasn't a random, spontaneous act?

Sure. It's odd, to say the least, for someone in Lewinsky's lowly position to save a dress containing DNA matter, for as long as she did, unless she had an ulterior motive in her mind the very day the sexual encounter happened.

Does that make me a conspiracy theorist?

I don't think so. I just think it means I'm applying common sense to a bizarre set of circumstances, and that it would be less than healthy to be skeptical of Lewinsky's motives, and whether her actions were premeditated with something other than Clinton's sexual gratification in mind.

You want to call me conspiritorial? That's fine. I think you're naive, at a minimum.

#29     Jul 15, 2008
  10. Doesn't matter what I think. I'm Canadian. And even if I were an American, whether I accepted or rejected the conclusion of an impeachment investigation would be rather moot if, in fact, no such investigation were conducted. Wouldn't you say?

#30     Jul 15, 2008