Bats rebate

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by .00019orbust, Jun 21, 2008.

1. my account blotter for a day with a 100 share transaction, 200 shares roundtrip for a grand total of .0044

it was a check to see if i was getting the proper rebate.

seeing as how there are no volume requirements to receive their highest rebate of .0024, I'm trying to figure out what is going on before bugging the right people, who are probably reading this anyways and just waiting for my impending bitch fest to begin.

#11     Jun 24, 2008
  2. unless of course you can give me a reason why i got .0022 on bats.

#12     Jun 24, 2008
  3. Hmm... strange...

What broker do you use?
    Maybe they don't give you the full comission...

Or perhaps you routed your order to another market center [BATS can route to ARCA, INET, ISE, and a few more places]

#13     Jun 24, 2008
  4. i'd rather not say which sub llc I trade with but thats a good point on the bats routing to another destination; unfortunately I'm not sure if my platform was set to allow that to happen posting bats....i mean i suppose the only way would be for me to have no route outs selected...but then hitting out of things would be unpleasant.

#14     Jun 24, 2008
  5. and on second thought, what would it matter if i set route outs to everything or not....i'm posting bats, not crossing, so how would I receive anything other than .0024

(i could check " don't route out arca/edgx/island, ect"then post a bats order to see whats up...but it shouldn't even matter since i'm posting an order that adds liquidity)

#15     Jun 24, 2008
  6. Hmm... in that case, you're probably not getting full rebates on your Bats trades.

#16     Jun 24, 2008