Basket Orders and Bracket Orders

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by mss, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mss

mss

There was something on the IB discussion board that suggested that bracket orders could be submitted using the basket feature of TWS. I have been unable to do that. Is it possible to submit a group of bracket orders from, say, a text file using only the TWS software?

2. AFAIK, submitting orders via text file with just TWS is not possible.

There are (inexpensive) order management tools that accept text files and will then pass them through to IB via TWS e.g.:

www.zerolinetrader.com

Then again, not sure if you can sumbit bracket orders via file to ZeroLine but you can certainly submit multiple orders (basket). Check out the docs.

Good luck!

MoMoney

3. mss

mss

Thanks for the reminder about zeroline trader. I have looked at it before and it did not support the order types that I wanted to use but now my interests have changed and I am going to look at it again.

By the way, I may be misreading your response but it is possible to import a bunch of orders from a text file into the basket feature of TWS and then submit the orders all at once. As far as I know, you cannot use the basket feature with bracket orders, however. Although, as I said, somebody from IB suggested it was possible but I think he (or I) may have misunderstood the question.