Basic Trading Computer Needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VinMan, Jan 24, 2012.

1. VinMan

VinMan

I think I'm going with DELL so what is your advice on a computer for a very basic trader. I will use 4 monitors and run DAS trading platform. No algo or trading programs.

Just want internet, DAS, chat rooms and maybe I will ad esignal.

Need speakers.

2. Just one is fine (for non-trading purposes that is..). Remember, "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's property [nor his margin trading/investing account]".

3. bathrobe

bathrobe

4. Dell's Optiplex if you want single CPU and Precision if you want dual are amazing machines for the money. HP also has good stuff - I don't know that they have a factory outlet like Dell but their stuff is equally robust.

Generally I look at HP and Dell as being interchangeable - except that in terms of cars, Dell offers the F150 with a max of a V6 whereas HP offers the F150 with a V8. (I like to buy the V6 cheap and do an upgrade)

Important to note they offer the SAME CAR (or server/workstation). One just options out higher - HP usually has the same exact Dell equivalent except they offer it with more horsepower (out of the box/OEM).

Don't waste your money on any of those firms saying they sell "trading computers".