Basic tech analysis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jesie, Feb 17, 2010.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The Gambi guy from Australia was spamming this thread and many others here at ET before getting banned. Simply, once the Gambi guy showed up...people watch closely how other new members interact with him.

However, now that he's gone...your thread is back to normal.

Mark

#11     Feb 19, 2010
  2. TheMan

TheMan

an index you say?

well then by all means continue to do what you are doing

lol

:confused:

#12     Feb 19, 2010
  3. My suggestion is to stop using it, and instead use only plain bars and volume. You'll get too many whipsaws with moving averages. They're only good if the markets are trending, but then agaiin they lag.There are better ways to approach the market.

Forget about fine tuning it, get rid of it, seriously. :)

#13     Feb 19, 2010
  4. target0

target0

Jesie,

It would help me answer you if you were to tell us why you think it may be a short. What is it about your analysis that says that.

#14     Feb 21, 2010

5. Hey, I just gave you the basics of a great method. Relevant to trading one single instrument no, I've rarely heard of anyone making real gravy on a single instrument. (hint).

But you did put this in tech analysis, so, here's some more great stuff for free.

Technicals work best as a "cohesive" unit, a broad based look at a price structure-if you can get some historical data to build up an idea of price behaviour, as it may be reflected by xyz indicators you understand and like, then do so.

Check out ProRealtime (just goog it), has fantastic tech charting for free, muck around with it, have fun.

There you go, great advice for nothing.
    Is it a short entry? It is if you say it is and choose to back it up, based on your experience, that's the point.

#15     Feb 24, 2010
  6. Surdo

Surdo

I like to jot down my trading ideas on the roll of toilet paper and then wipe with it pre opening for the best effect.

Please share your techniques with the community jesie.

Are you a boy or girl jesie, hard to tell you don't use caps?

#16     Feb 24, 2010