Baruch's thread closed - this sucks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mgkrebs, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abe

abe

Hi baruch.FX Cowboy,Turlo,TRADERguy,Guardian Angel,chinook and ...........................................................................................

I think all of us are here again and we have the same thread with a new name as " Baruch's thread closed - this sucks".

Just keep going and continue what you were doing in previous thread.

Nothing has been really changed. Plus the new name is even better! I am sure with doing this Baruch will be here very soon.

Good Trading,

Abe

#41     Jun 23, 2004
  2. Bye, bye. Your Journal was a hollow lolipop. Your so called "System" never made you one penny in Forex Baruch. It was a an ego prop for sucking in newbies in thinking that they could trade Forex with canned indicators and nonsense.

Good riddance.

#42     Jun 23, 2004
  3. mind

mind

IMHO magna went too far too quickly, could not turn back and baruch is not the guy willing to play games. baron has to back magna in public, but might have told him a word or two in private. in five or six months magna will be doing something else. you do not change things like this not immediately. too public. you know. i mean you cannot fire someone who claimed the rules to be inforced - even if you wanted to.

the overall situation: this board has become reasonable business - and the arguments about ET members being guests and all the effort for setting up the site ... well that is either naive or slimyToBaron, or both. this here is business. business.

money has complained. period. and fact is that ET tries to balance out individualism of guests and clients interests.

i really wonder if some do not get the point that the capital of this site is the guests, and only the guests. nothing else. pros will be first to leave when treated like they would not accept anywhere else. will it turn down business here? oh no. ET passed that point already. it will survive no matter what the quality of the guests is. but it will build its own competition, since the leaving pros will move somewhere else. takes some time but the net is not the slowest mass communication tool out there.

i think that the whole case is essentially more serious than it might sound in the first place. but since i think baron is very aware of that ... he will take this curve with elegance. and we, the guests, have to accept another aspect of ET being that big ...

baruch
    very elegant and consequent without being offensive. compliments to the way you closed that trade.
    your journal was pleasure. if you move somewhere else, i would be honoured if you let me know.

peace

#43     Jun 25, 2004
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

While I appreciate your "humble opinion" as you say, and would have let your post stand without comment if you were somewhat close to the mark, I find I must say a few words since you are not even in the ballpark on a few of your statements. As to whether I went "too far, too quickly" as you claim, if you read my first post in Baruch's thread (reprinted on pg. 2 of this thread) it was a standard, mild warning stating ET's policy to a few members and it wasn't even directed at Baruch. As to whether Baron told me "a word or two in private" as you wrongly postulate, we had a couple of discussions of this before Baron went public and in those, among other things, he stressed that he was behind me 100%. Then he made his public post reiterating the same along with answering some questions and clearly stating his position. And since then we haven't had a single discussion on the matter. As to your prognostication that I'll be doing something "else in five or six months" I hope you don't apply the same faulty predictive methods to your trading. I have had a superb working relationship with Baron for a number of years, am direct moderator of a couple of forums, and do additional tasks around ET at Baron's behest and approval. So if you want to remain solvent don't bet too much money that I will be quietly eased out the door in a few months due to something as inconsequential as the Baruch thread, lol.

As to Baruch being "very elegant and consequent without being offensive" I strongly disagree. He was anything but elegant, didn't attempt any private communication with me to elucidate or clarify things, but immediately went public with the pronouncment that "This is MY thread, and here we discuss anything we like to discuss." Elegant? Non-offensive? Sorry, I don't think so. As to how he "closed that trade" he did it in a huff, showing a total lack of grace, stomping off into the sunset. And as a few people have pointed out, the only thing stopping him from posting or starting a new thread (or even reopening the old one) is himself.

#44     Jun 25, 2004
  5. mind

mind

i read your words.

peace

#45     Jun 26, 2004
  6. mind

mind

i cannot help to rethink that issue of "MY thread". it is really interesting. is it the bytes that make the thread the thread or is it the content, thus the originial, nonTradeable mental property of the people posting?

i have some sympathy for the "MY thread" opinion, though i am definitely biased by my position within the context of as one of the "guests". i think that hundreds of useless threads support the point that it is the mental property that makes a thread useful. i mean the bytestream is essentially very, very similar for good and bad threads.

actually i think that it is stupid to discuss "MY" in general in this context. essentially both parties depend heavily on each other.

i love to waste three four minutes at times ... this post is wonderful useless waste.

#46     Jun 28, 2004
  7. i see magna e.t. has a long history of being over zealous. I just had one of my few posts deleted becasuse I had positive words about and innocently posted a link to a non sponser. the hall monitor magna e.t. comes zooming in deleting stuff yelling and screaming. i really don't think this guy gets it and should be canned. he acts like a commie and treats us guests as he likes to say with dis-respect. is this the same guy who booted risk-arb? i've read risk's journal and think he's awesome,, oooppps sorry magna, i just said something positive about a non sponser. i'll probably be getting kicked off. i really like your site mr. baron but this guy needs his wings clipped.

rod:mad:

#47     Jul 22, 2006
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

No, that's not why it happened. A few days after joining ET in April you referenced that commercial website, then did so again a couple weeks later, but even though this was your 3rd go round that wasn't why your post in the Rennick journal got deleted. About four posts in the journal were removed, as they continued a direction with regards to that website which started before you joined ET, and unfortunately yours was one of them.

Although I have no comment on the "zooming" here's the "yelling and screaming" you mention:

And I'm glad you think riskarb is awesome. That has nothing to do with why he was banned for a few weeks, but I'm sure he'll appreciate it. Anyway, sorry politics had to creep into your post and that you're convinced I'm a "commie", some might suggest more like a fascist despot, arguably an evil tyrant and oppressor. :cool:

#48     Jul 22, 2006
  9. A couple of questions, ok i'll admit to ignorant wrong doing by posting the link to that site(non sponsor) we can't mention. you also stated we can't even talk about it (unless it's bad,or negative) am i catching that in the right way. if it were a sponsor it would be ok to talk glowingly but anything negative and you'd come zooming in with that delete button. the other thing is why would a guy like riskarb get banned. guys like him are the reason guys like me come here, not for the damned sponsors (sorry mr. baron but it's the truth). i'll go even further and say you act like a commie fascist dictator and i'm the little chinese fella standing in front of that tank in teanomen square.:(

#49     Jul 22, 2006
  10. [​IMG]

#50     Jul 22, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.