Baruch's thread closed - this sucks

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by mgkrebs, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magna said:

"No, it wasn't mgkrebs, nor metooxx, nor TRADERguy, nor TorontoTrader2, nor Baruch.... who put up the money, the incredible amounts of time, the programming skill, the leadership skills, and the ongoing daily effort to keep ET functioning"

Good grief! People are allowed to criticize something even if they do not have an ownership interest in it.
    Am I allowed to criticize an airline even though I don't own and run an airline? YES. Can I criticise a TV show even though I do not produce and direct TV shows? Yes again. Psssst it's call Democracy.

Have to say it, that logic he used smacks of communism again; i.e. if you don't like the way it is, too bad.

Regards Comrades. I look forward to conversing with you on State-sponsored web sites

:p

#11     Jun 9, 2004
  2. For the record:

There was NO promotion of any brokers, sponsors or non-sponsors.

I was very sorry I had to close my thread, but I don't think Magna gave me any choice.

To all who shared their knowledge and ideas in my thread: Thank you, friends - it was very nice to meet you.

P.S. My system just made 288 pips in eur/usd. Not bad...

#12     Jun 10, 2004
  3. disciple

disciple

Baruch, if you find another place to post, please pass the word along.

disciple

#13     Jun 10, 2004
  4. disciple,

I promise that.

#14     Jun 11, 2004
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Baron and people working for him are free to impose any restrictions they want on discussions here.

And the customers of his site who provide his income are free to tell him that those restrictions stink and that they are going to bugger off to another site with a more customer-friendly policy.

#15     Jun 11, 2004
  6. Cutten,

Good point .

#16     Jun 11, 2004
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

You people are very confused. The customers of ET are companies like CyberTrader and FFastTrade and Bright Trading and RealTick, etc. etc. Cutten and Baruch and Magna are guests here, non-paying guests here. Maybe some of us 20,000+ members will be customers to those companies I mentioned (along with all the other sponsors), and maybe not. But as guests here we need to abide by policies setup by the owner of the site, which is Baron. And a member like Baruch doesn't get to tell Baron (or his representatives) that "This is MY thread, and here we discuss anything we like to discuss." That not-so-subtle point keeps conveniently getting overlooked by some of the guests on this thread.

I wonder if I can notify Time magazine that I require free space so that I can discuss companies in direct competition to their advertisers? Or maybe I could call Fox TV and tell them that I require free air time to carry on discussions in direct competition to their advertisers. I mean it's only fair, isn't it? Of course if they are foolish enough to deny me I can always threaten to go elsewhere!! But when anyone sets up a business and tries to do the right thing for their paying sponsors/advertisers by posting some simple rules and guidelines that's the chance they take. As I said in my earlier post, "If that offends someone then they are certainly free to carry out their discussion on another venue such as Yahoo or Silicon Investor or MoneyTec or any of the other forums for financial discussion to be found on the internet". That's always your choice, to take your guest status elsewhere, and vote with your feet.

#17     Jun 11, 2004
  8. The only reason there are customers is that the customers want the guests to turn into their customers.

If there where no no guests, there would be no customers ...

#18     Jun 11, 2004
  9. Metooxx,
    You beat me to it with your comments...everyone else seems to intuitively understand this except Magna.

#19     Jun 11, 2004
  10. Metooxx and TRADERguy,

I agree completely.

#20     Jun 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.