Baruch's Forex System Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Baruch, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A sell signal in GBP/USD - but not confirmed by RSI 50. Should I take it? No, it would be against my own rules.

#11     Mar 11, 2004
  2. izeickl

izeickl

Youve already made a few trades without confirmation, is this not against your rules?

#12     Mar 11, 2004
  3. Yes, but wrote those rules? Myself. And I should also have taken this one.
    My system has some problems. One of them is the RSI. Another that I don't have rules for exit strategy after the first 30 pips. I have to work with this. Any ideas?

#13     Mar 11, 2004
  4. Exactly why I trade em (and I can trade a few other mkts with same account).

Baruch, nice to see simple tech based forex trading taking big pips on an intraday + basis. I trade the same way. Also don't like holding weekends.

I don't use MA crossovers, but that's irrelevant (channels, retracements, etc). I feel I'm chasing with MA crosses, even though you can chase forex (when it goes, it goes).

I like to aim for 40 to 50 tics (pips). Go bigger at times.

Keep it coming.

Jay

#14     Mar 11, 2004
  5. Thnak you, Jayford.

I would love to trade channels and retracement, but I am not so clever, so I need a MA to give me trade signals. Which indicators do you use? I am sure that RSI is the best?

#15     Mar 11, 2004
  6. Hi Eugene,

I need to say that the spread in the British Pound future is some times 4 pips - some times even more.

#16     Mar 11, 2004
  7. Don't really use indicators. I've been at this awhile so I know what they will look like by eyeballing the chart. They are lagging by definition (derived). They work great for most people though, especially as filters.

I do use volume, but only on a 5 min as a mkt is approaching S/R.

Is RSI best? I'm not the one to ask. What you are working seems to work great for you?

What markets do you trade? On short term, I will only trade Euro, Japan, and Pound. (trade mini SP too, but WAY short term).

I will position Aussie and CD on rare occaision. They trend well.

Jay

#17     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Hi,

I trade only euro and the pound. Indicators? Yes, they are lagging, and I am really not believing in them. What else can we use?

PS. I just got a new sell signal, but again RSI says no. What can I do?

#18     Mar 11, 2004
  9. Just keep going with your system. Seems to work well.

I actually use MA's at times as a retracement tool (opposite of a cross technique), but only in trending mkts. I'd sell a touch of a MA in a strong down market for example.

Oops, gotta run (spoos).

Jay

#19     Mar 11, 2004
  10. Thanks for help and idea, Jay. You are the first trader I know which don't use indicators. Something to think about.

#20     Mar 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.