Baruch's Forex System Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Baruch, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome!
    I will trade my long-term trading system in EUR/USD and GBP/USD here.
    I wish I started a couple a days ago. Then I would sit on a 2+500 pips profit.

The rules are very simple:
    1. Use a 30 min chart.
    2. Use RSI 50
    3. Use MA 50.
    4. Buy or sell the cross over of the MA 50.
    5. Use a 10 pips filter.
    6. Use MA 50 as your s/l.
    7. Use RSI 50 as a filter. Be carefull to buy if the RSI is over 55 - and be carefull to sell if the RSI is under 45. Depending on the market.
    8. When you have a 20 pips profit, you move s/l to breakeven.
    9. When you have a 30 pips profit, you move stop to 10 pips away from entry.
    10. After that you gives your position a free ride. Depending on the market.

Let's see what happens now.

2. The first two signals came sooner than expected:

1. Bought EUR/USD at 1.2229, when it broke the cross. Flat again in 1.3000 with a nice 71 pips. Did'nt used the filter because this was a move caused by the terrorist attack in Madrid.
    2. Bought GBP/USD 1.7972. Out again in 1.8100 with a nice 28 pips profit.

Now I am looking forward to todays US eco reports.

3. Sorry:

Long GBP/USD 1.8040. Flat: 1.8100. Profit: 60 pips.

4. There was a new signal in GBP/USD, but I did'nt took the trade (sell) because the cross was not confirmed by the RSI 50.

5. New buy signal in GBP/EUD, which I took without filter at 1.8025, because RSI was under 45. Took profit in 1.8055 for at nice 30 pips profit because of the coming US eco reports. I want to be flat when they arrives.

6. Eugene

Eugene

Baruch,

Can yopu give us a background on broker you use and what software. Also, what are the spreads typically.

Thanks

7. I trade Globex forex futures. I don't like big spreads. With futures you can - sometimes - buy the bid and sell the ask with limit orders. I use the charts from Saxo Bank.

8. A new buy signal in GBP/EUD: 1.8020 without filter (because of the eco numbers). Took profit in 1.8045: 25 nice pips.

9. Eugene

Eugene

I know you don't like large spreads, neither do I, but what do you typically see with Globex, say for the Eur/USD...2 pip, 3 pip?

Thanks

10. 1-2 pips most of the time.

#10     Mar 11, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.