Barton Biggs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, May 12, 2004.

1. Totally disagrees with the comments regarding Bigg's remarks about Robert Farrell, and how this market is the most oversold in 20 years. As a result, Bob Pisani of CNBC is trying to get ahold of Farrell to clear this issue up.

Data does suggest that the 10-day MA on the CBOE Put/Call ratio is in fact at a historical extreme.

#51     May 13, 2004
  2. Yo Wags, that's why the market call was so odd, it's obvious that sentiment and oscillators haven't reached an extreme reading. I run a OB/OS oscillator and it's not flashing an oversold reading. But I'm no BB; so who am I to disagree.

#52     May 13, 2004
  3. If anyone says this market is the most oversold in the past 20 years must've forgot about 1987, 1998 and the aftermath of 9/11/01.

#53     May 13, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I did not just read that. :D

#54     May 13, 2004
  5. Just said that $9 billion worth of ES traded yesterday and $9 billion of NQ as well, and 40 million shares of SMH.

She concludes in her analysis that hedge-funds and others are making some serious bets on the downside, expecting the 200-day MA's to break.

Hmmmm....

#55     May 13, 2004
  6. No as extreme as I've seen in a few instances in the last 5 years.

#56     May 13, 2004

7. That's why the current path of least resistance is up.

Regards,
    Dr. Z

"Often wrong never in doubt." :cool:

#57     May 13, 2004
  8. gaj

gaj

you know, it's not the end of the world to state the following statements:

barton biggs WAS good, and WAS influential. his influence, i'll leave up to others, but his good days are long behind him. it's tough to stay on top of the curve through bear markets, bull markets, the biggest bull in 70 years, a tumble a la nasdaq etc.

ralph acampora (going OT) is another one...i greatly respect all he's done for the field of technical analysis. but whenever his 'calls' get trumpeted over the last few years, they're nearly spot-on wrong. doesn't mean his TA for clients / in-house isn't spot-on, maybe it is. i just don't get that stuff sent to me.

#58     May 13, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No I was laughing at the fact that you run an oversold/overbought oscillator. LOL. Just giving you shit.

#59     May 13, 2004
  10. EBOAH

EBOAH

#60     May 13, 2004