Barton Biggs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, May 12, 2004.

1. BrianLA

BrianLA

2. Biggs quoted a well-known and very famous Wall Street technician of Merrill Lynch fame by the name of Robert Farrell. Farrell is literally the Father of Technical Analysis for anyone that was around in the 70's and 80's. It's just too bad that some of you "kids" out there that have only been trading for 3-4 years have no idea who some of these people are, have no respect for them just because you think they look like your Mom or Dad, let alone have any idea about their track records. But hey, you have no problem "dissing" them at a moment's notice just because you made a few dollars today! How classy of you.

Instead, you feel all to free to call them "Pieces of Shit" or "masculine-bitches".

Oh yeah, I'm sure that Abbey Joseph Cohen was bummed when you said that. She's only a partner at Goldman Sachs that makes tens of millions a year and rode the bull trend in '98 and '99 for all that it was worth. I couldn't care how "white" Barton Biggs looks like on TV, or how "masculine" Abbey Cohen looks like. They have made more money in these markets than you can even dream of. They make money. That's why we're here.

Period.

#32     May 12, 2004
  3. BrianLA

BrianLA

bullish opinions since 2000, not from the markets. Biggs hasn't done much better in the last 10 years. Stop pulling sh!t out of your ass and get your facts straight.

#33     May 12, 2004
  4. Pabst

Pabst

For me it was so close yet so far away.:(

#34     May 12, 2004
  5. Biggs is a tit... the market was oversold before the '87 crash as well

#35     May 12, 2004
  6. #36     May 12, 2004
  7. but Biggs is paid big buckeroos to talk

I remember hearing him say dow 5000

when then dow was at 3500

on the way up yrs ago

#37     May 12, 2004
  8. Babak

Babak

Cohen? You kidding right? It sounds like you´re serious but on the off chance that its satire, I´ll let it go.

Ever think about how CNBC doesn´t ever bring in people like Fleck, James Stack, Richard Russell, Prechter, etc. during a market meldown?

Its always a bullish prognosticator. Hmmm, just coincidence I guess.

I like what Cuban says in his blog:

http://www.blogmaverick.com/

#38     May 12, 2004
  9. EBOAH

EBOAH

Barton "One Time" Biggs comments about the Market being the most oversold he's seen in 20 years was ridiculous!

Yeah, the market was oversold short term and due for a rally off the 200 day MA in the S&P500, and the almost hit targeted measured move at 1073. But the his comments about being the most oversold in 20 years was pathetic, and not even close! Bob Farrell lets see your numbers?

Does anyone remember these ridiculously oversold times, like... Mid March of this year, March 2003, October 2002, July 2002, Sept 2001, March 2001, Sept and Oct 1998, April 1997...???

Too much is being made over people like Barton Biggs, Robert Prechter, Abby Cohen and others! CNBC blah... blah... blah...

Market is in a corrective phase, after huge run up last year, and higher interest rates this year!

Good Luck!

:D

#39     May 12, 2004
  10. The upside seems like the path of least resistance right in here. And yes I'm long the share market.

Regards,
    Dr. Zhivodka

#40     May 12, 2004