Barton Biggs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, May 12, 2004.

1. I didn't mean that "anyone" could call it correctly or consistently, but could issue a call. My point was putting your money where your mouth is, is where it's at.

#21     May 12, 2004
  2. taodr

taodr

Whoever, anyways I pulled some bucks in so I'm happy !:D

#22     May 12, 2004
  3. He's looking like a hero so far.

#23     May 12, 2004
  4. Do you still think Barton is a POS?
    Just curious.

#24     May 12, 2004
  5. BrianLA

BrianLA

He's a fatter version of Abby Cohen.

#25     May 12, 2004
  6. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Wagie945;

I like Art Cashin of CNBC cashin in,Alexis Glick, Barton Biggs;
    may use written tek analysis more than thier fundamentals.

50 day moving average looks medium term bearish ;
    but at the end of the day
    looks like the big buy volume & close $ agree bull market is still intact.

Favor Big Trends Price Headly & Bernie Schaeffer measurement;
    war is won at the end of the day.

:cool:

#26     May 12, 2004
  7. taodr

taodr

I did not call Biggs a POS, but I am not far off. Who knows if he is responsible for uptick. Maybe a bunch of hedge fund managers saw him the same as I did and figured the bastard will die if he craps himself anymore. Funny how CNBC brings back the same people when market tanks. They had that masculine bitch on as well, she talks as if she is talking to kids in kindergarden. She probably thinks mind you " I am going to FUCK these suckers and take their money "!! Another person who CNBC had cheering everyone on to be long meanwhile they were selling as much as they could as the bubble burst. Sorry Waggie I just had to rant a bit.:D

#27     May 12, 2004
  8. thanks for posting this W,

he's wrong a lot and the other times he is lucky... even a broken clock........ blah blah. If he's right this time, so what??

Let's see his positions, and then rate his calls!

imho

IcE
    :cool:

p.s. of course since I'm now.... long.... index calls and short otm index puts... I hope the s.o.b. is right this time! But calls like his that get a lot of publicity worry me! Gonna tighten the leash, now! :p

#28     May 12, 2004
  9. Greenspan talking tomorrow ? where?

well I thought this rally was suspicious, but if Biggs "called" it on CNBC then I am even more cautious. Looks like his appearance coincided with the start of the rally. I guess some people have a funny way to make their trading decisions.

#29     May 12, 2004
  10. Why trade synthetic futures? Why not simply buy the futs and save yourself the -edge?

#30     May 12, 2004