Bartiromo's new home

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by a529612, Apr 19, 2007.

1. You can get a house nicer than that, on a 1 acre lot, for 4.8% of that price, in a nice suburb of Cleveland (anyone watch 3rd Rock last night?)

#21     Apr 20, 2007
  2. Berg Properties, Big Time Listings Blog, April 11, 2007
    CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo pays $6.5 million for Manhattan townhouse

[​IMG]

CNBC anchor Maria Bartiromo and her husband, Jonathan Steinberg, have paid $6.5 million for a five-bedroom townhouse on Manhattan’s East Side, according to public records.

The five-level town house, at 213 East 62nd Street, had been listed for $6.9 million. However, the immensely popular—and controversial—Bartiromo, 39, and Steinberg purchased the townhouse from relocation company Hewitt Associates, which in turn bought it for $7,333,000 from owners Michael Slocum and Melissa Pallot Slocum, who themselves had paid $6.8 million for it in 2004, according to public records.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features in the townhouse, which is in Manhattan’s Treadwell Farm area, include four and a half baths, four fireplaces, moldings, hardwood floors, high ceilings, a new kitchen, gas heat, a five-zone central air conditioning system, an ADT security system with two cameras and a flat-screen monitor, new double-windows, an audio system throughout, and all-new mechanicals, according to listing information. Public records show that the townhouse was built in 1899 and measures 3,708 square feet.

Check out the listing sheet for Bartiromo’s unit here, and take a look at the New York Observer’s coverage of the purchase today.

Bartiromo and Steinberg previously had been renting in the Manhattan House apartment building at 200 East 66th Street, according to public records. That building is in the process of being converted to condos.
    http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/...-million-for-manhattan-townhouse/441/new-york

Treadwell Farm Historical District

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#22     Apr 20, 2007
  3. I can't believe how much real estate costs in New York.

Ridiculous.

My house is nicer than that, and it was a small fraction of the price, although I built it myself.

#23     Apr 20, 2007
  4. who the f**k wants to live in Cleveland?

#24     Apr 20, 2007
  5. She reads from a teleprompter, and attends conventions and business/quasi-government events, to interview execs and politicos over a few bottles of Perrier.

#25     Apr 20, 2007
  6. I don't live there, but don't knock it until you try it.

There are some very nice areas of Cleveland.

I'm not joking.

#26     Apr 20, 2007
  7. i'd rather live in an un-airconditioned Haitian butcher shop.

#27     Apr 20, 2007
  8. Me too.

Go Steelers....

#28     Apr 20, 2007
  9. Don't knock that until you try it, either.

#29     Apr 20, 2007
  10. That makes no sense to me. Why would the relocation company LIST the place for less than their COST and then SELL it for less still?

- sell price < listing price ... obviously not uncommon, particularly for high-end properties

- listing price < cost ... new RE math?

Looks like something's going on behind the scenes, some clever quid pro quo or property tax scheme. Those numbers don't tell the full story.

#30     Apr 20, 2007