bars vs candles

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Andy62279, Oct 9, 2002.

1. I NOW USE A THICK SOLID LINE (BLUE FOR UP,RED FOR DOWN) INSTEAD OF BARS OR CANDLESTICKS. THIS FREES UP THE SCREEN AREA FOR OTHER INDICATORS WHICH MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR ANY LOSS OF INFO FROM NOT HAVING CANDLESTICKS.

#11     Oct 10, 2002
  2. trdrmac

trdrmac

I hate going to bars that have candles.

But for trading, I think Nisson did a good job in "Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques" to add a few visual techniques to the basics of a chart. So except for the longer term charts I use candles. Long term, a line does the trick.

#12     Oct 10, 2002
  3. Pabst

Pabst

If candles are so good then why are all of these Japenese banks in trouble? Ask any one who has traded on a global institutional desk. Those guys in Tokyo are the biggest pickoff around.

#13     Oct 10, 2002
  4. Like the easy read of open and close price on candles.

Magna [nickname] had a good reason for barcharts,but personally found it more helpful to stick with candles.

Don't remember the reason,but remember he had a good point when i checked it out on the barcharts . :cool:

#14     Oct 10, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

LOL

nitro :D

#15     Oct 10, 2002
  6. this is what i've found too. although i still look at candles sometimes too, but only black and white candles. colored candles tend to illicit more of an emotional response from me.

#16     Oct 11, 2002
  7. i still use candlesticks sometimes, but i agree with you totally. lately i've been changing the colors. no longer are they green and red.

#17     Oct 11, 2002