Bars created from broker real-time data feed differ from bars created from eSignal

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by abattia, Mar 22, 2010.

1. thstart

thstart

Why just not test it personally rather just reading and judging second hand?
    Probably ET is not the right place for finding and testing new apps.

#61     Mar 25, 2010
  2. thstart

thstart

Probably because I send a PM to test a new beta apps. If that is wrong I will not send more invitations.

#62     Mar 25, 2010
  3. thstart

thstart

An "experienced" IT person would not judge just from descriptions, but from hands on experience. It is right I send exactly two PM to two ET members. Exactly two. If that is not right for ET members - I would not send any more PM regarding this.

My apology for the two offended ET members. Sorry.

#63     Mar 25, 2010
  4. thstart

thstart

I wanted to clarify further and be open. Several ET members approached me directly via PM, they wanted to know more. Some of them were willing to test the beta apps. With one of them I am in a regular contact and I get a valuable feedback. That encouraged me thinking other ET members would be willing to test too. That is why I approached two ET members directly.

But as I see this is not right for ET. I am not a vendor - I am trying to create something new. I am subscribed to two ET topics Software and Automated Trading and sometimes I see an interesting messages and ideas - ET is valuable from this point of view.

#64     Mar 25, 2010
  5. januson

januson

thstart-> You have failed to discuss the subject and the concept behind OHLC and/ or candlesticks. Many times you have tried to sneak out and turn the discussion in another direction, unfortunately all posters in this thread have seen such behavior before and none churned.

And yes, regarding my knowledge about grouping methodologies.. you can bet on that, I know almost everything about the subject. But that doesn't qualify me as a better or more wiser trader - and that was the reason for asking you, but you can't explain anything about your conceptions.

Btw. I have seen you in a lot of other threads, each time inviting posters to PM you, this is a bad attitude imho. ET is a discussion forum where each reader/ contributor can learn and teach each others.
    PS: And no, I don't want to PM you :D

#65     Mar 25, 2010
  6. thstart

thstart

If you try and expect to understand "anything" from an "open" forum you are wrong - what do you expect in this format of space and time - this is not a tutorial or book. As you posting history shows you post mostly about technical matters - discussing compressing and databases is safe.

Would you discuss openly your trading secrets? This can explain why you sometimes cannot understand all what is posted on the forum. Most of time if somebody has something valuable to say he shares just a hint. Otherwise the response is - "if that works why he/she is sharing it - he will be a million of dollars rich - he is stupid to share it if it is valuable, so it follows it is not valuable, let get some laugh of it - how he dare to tell us, we know all". Probably because of this you get just that - a hints.

That is the reason of PM's. The nature of stock market is you have to screen with who, what, where and when you share. Otherwise the reaction is usually similar to what you do right now - you dutifully demand an "explanation" on the open - if you don't get it - you feel offended.

Sneak out from what? This is sick. I have no need to prove anything. I am just observing and try to understand what most traders are using and how they are thinking - most of the time it is just mainstream thinking, nothing out of the box. Sometimes I am posting questions, some hints - got some answers. Got an opinion about mainstream thinking, that is fine. Occasionally I create a contact via PM - that don't harms too.

PM is a wonderful invention. Probably the most valuable for personal contacts. With the risk to offend you I managed to create a fruitful personal relationships based on PM. We are sharing info on matters which cannot still be discussed openly to the mass public. I don't wanted to tell you this but you asked for it.

Why do you think I need you to contact me? You don't understand why I am creating personal contacts.

#66     Mar 25, 2010