Barry Haigh Video Tapes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader56, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Does anyone have, or has anyone seen the video tape Barry Haigh did entitiled, Confessions of a Floor Trader?

It can be oredered form Wiley, but I'd like to know more about it.

Let me know if you have a copy - thanks!

2. wrote yrs ago

west of wall street

is he still trading in the pits
    or did he retire a rich or poor man?

3. Barry was banned from the CME for life sometime around 1987.... maybe I'm off about the date. I remember Barry in the spoo pit. He was an alright guy... kept to himself mostly though. He often had two associates with him who never traded. The girl was okay, harmless. But the other guy was a fat little monkey that never one time traded one contract. He used to echo other locals' outcry just to create confusion. They all stood there with their dark blue jackets trimmed in white around the sleeves I seem to recall.

I can't speak of anything except for his first book.... I read thru it once in the library. It's useless. And I can't speak about his "retirement" either. I remember thinking at the time though that he got off easy and would have plenty of cash.

4. Inandlong,

You were obviously there in the pit at that time.
    I'm wondering why you thought Haigh's West of Wall Street book was worthless?

It certainly didn't give black-and-white trading rules, but I thought there were some interesting observations.

I'd be interested in hearing more about why you thought the book wasn't good - thanks for any thoughts!