Barry Burns -- topdogtrading.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ScaleOut, Apr 22, 2008.

1. bigb

bigb

what is wrong with these people? do they really have to keep coming back to this site pretending they are someone else and talk their way out of it like they aren't? A monkey would know this is a b.s. scam. Please give it up and move to the next site. Your about 7 years behind for this kind of scam on EliteTrader.

#51     Apr 25, 2010
  2. Seriously, how do you switch off email notifications?

#52     Apr 25, 2010
  3. How do you know what sort of income he makes... Throwing darts would at least be cheaper than buying all of his courses.

#53     Apr 26, 2010
  4. cloudy

cloudy

Well I tried it. The free 5 lessons. Then the 2 courses. And the email list for a while. I saw about 5 of his "live trades". He didn't really have big winners. Mostly "scratches" (i.e. "small" losses) or losers. Never a big winner run live. Then I canceled the list after being on it for 4 months.

I tried to follow his rules. Then I noticed in his videos, he had "extra" rules or other things if the trade clearly wasn't going the right way.

The "swing trading" course doesn't fit the foundation courses' trade log forms which is mainly day trading.

I did learn one or two things since I'm still basic. Other than that.

Same chance as throwing darts. No real edge.

I lost a lot. It'll take me years to recoup. Like others have said, to me it now seems like all a sham. To be fair, a good show and easy to read "instructional" ebooks. Just don't use real $ with these 5 energies "rules".

#54     May 28, 2010
  5. anonomous

anonomous

You might be doing it wrong, have you back tested on the daily charts?? the method is good to jump into trends just like the city boys really buying cycle lows with momentum on side!! there is no advanced stuff there but you should go over the two courses if for nothing else than to lean how to use the indicators then back test using a 1 day and 3 day chart on the dow/s&p/tech100 etc, pick the cycle lows where momentum is onside and there is support. I personally swing trade using 1 day 3 day when the market is oversold in a bull and overbought in a bear market.
    I wait for %d positive on the 3 day stochs and a hook on the 1 day stochs. Also MACD positive/angling up on the 3 day. If you want higher probability then wait for a healthy pull back and that you have S&R below or above you (depending on your position). I dont use a time frame lower than 1 hour 3 hour personally below that the win/loss is not great and i dont like day trading. Anyway i have allways done well using stochs, macd and S&R for basic trend trading its simple to identify a high probability entry. Your psychology has to be right though or you will just keep loosing what ever you do. I only say that cos you mentioned your relatively new to this. Don't try and learn any advanced trading material just yet, if you are struggling with these basic principles then you will loose a lot and you will probably never get it back.
    All the best for the future though mate.

#55     May 28, 2010
  6. hopeful

hopeful

OK, so DOCTOR Burns is selling courses that teach you about stochastic, MACD, and support & resistance , and how to put a bigger time frame chart next to a smaller one, that's nothing new and there is tonnes of free info about those things . Why would anyone waste their hard-earned money on freely available information, I don't get it. I watched the free videos he has on youtube and he said that all 5 'energies' has to be in alignment , so I wonder how often that happens? As often as a lunar eclipse probably. Good course for star gazers then. My two cents, now worth one after inflation.

#56     Oct 3, 2010
  7. Hey - this guy sounds just like "Underdog" from the old cartoons!!

Speed of Lightning, roar of Thunder!! :D

#57     Oct 4, 2010
  8. Humpy

Humpy

subscribe on red button below / unsubscribe by going to your account

I think you have made some good points. I have watched the 5 introductory videos and they are pretty useful to a newbie and perhaps a useful reminder to older traders.

He gives a 3 month money back guarantee too, so if TA is not your style or you are a thieving cheapskate you are covered.

Put the "haters" on ignore and this website improves exponentially imho

#58     Aug 4, 2011
  9. I am a beginner.

just listened 1 of his free course on Youtube about NOT to use trend line, which really makes sense to me:
    Since the market is not linear, but trend line is, the trend line is not a good model for the market. Instead you should use 15 EMA which is closely related the price and it not linear.

Also listened his free course of 5 energies methodology, also makes sense.

#59     Sep 5, 2016
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

1 post wonder necromancing a 5 years dead thread. Why don't you sign up with them and report back when you have made money using them???

#60     Sep 5, 2016