Barry Burns -- topdogtrading.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by ScaleOut, Apr 22, 2008.

1. "Fibbin-Archie"... good handle!

#31     Apr 20, 2010
  2. Cheers... :p

#32     Apr 20, 2010
  3. Check out the reviews of TopDog Trading on Forexpeacearmy, 4.7 out of 5 stars with 40 reviews:

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.topdogtrading.com

Seriously guys, the more I review his material, the more I realize that it's really top notch stuff and at the price he charges it's an absolute steal, I've paid a great deal more for courses that weren't even half as good.

I'm sick to death of people on forums knocking other peoples' products --WHEN THEY CLEARLY DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THEM!!!-- (One of the guys on here -if you read the thread- couldn't even get the name right, it's TopDog not TopGun).

You need to think for yourself and question these posters' motives. Could it possibly be because they're trying to trick their way into selling you their own shoddy merchandise, which is no doubt so bad that they have to resort to deceit to sell it?

& I can categorically state that I am in no way, shape or form connected to Dr. Barry Burns or TopDog Trading, other than being a very happy, satisfied and thankful customer (and much improved technical trader).

#33     Apr 22, 2010
  4. CvH

CvH

I always hate to see how certain people are trying to make a living by selling poor advice to those looking for knowledge and, or an edge.

This guy is just another one of them.
    While nothing is actually wrong with the ideas he presents, it is just way too basic and happens to work only in an ideal case scenario that is about to happen close to never.

If you start out with that kind of knowledge and expectation you will find yourself broke sooner than you think possible.

That guy does not know about real life trading, has never traded successfully and will never do so.

He never put in the required effort and never made the inevitable experiences to be in the position to teach others anything about trading.

He is just another scam artist. The good thing about him is, however, - he does only ask small money for his basic knowledge, which you can find in about every average book on charting and trading.

All the best.

#34     Apr 23, 2010
  5. I do agree that there are many charlatans about selling over-priced rubbish, however he is not one of them and I don't agree that it's poor advice.

Let's say hypothetically you wanted to trade level 2 prints, but with trend structure analysis on a chart as back up, then the chart component he teaches is as good as any.

Sure, it's not a complete holistic approach, but it is a high probability tradable system on it's own.

Also with regard to number of entry triggers, that really depends on the securities & time frames you're trading, e.g. Cable on the 15 mins is going to trigger two to three good high probability, good R:R trades per day and that's just one market.

CvH, I take it (& hope) that you have actually studied his material in detail and that you are giving it a fair review. Also it's a progressive course, each module builds and expands on the last, it starts with simple trend continuation, then as you move through the modules it progresses to reversals and volatility break-outs.

I find that many people are very quick to judge systems if they don't produce instant high profitability.

I also am guessing that you are part of the anti-TA crowd. Technical Analysis isn't for everyone.

Also mate, I'm open minded, are you experienced? What then do you suggest people study?

Cheers...

#35     Apr 23, 2010
  6. Fractal

Fractal

You are seeking free advertising on Elite Trader without paying the site maintainers the privilege to do so. Guys, hit the Complain button and type "spam" in the box. Thanks.

#36     Apr 23, 2010
  7. That's just a ridiculous post, so you are saying that no one is allowed to express an opinion on here? You are joking...

Frankly, I couldn't care less, carry on then, system hopping or whatever your gig is, I was only trying to offer an opinion.

Un-subbed.

L8RZ

(by the way, they do say that the best sales person is a satisfied customer, so maybe you do have a point).

#37     Apr 23, 2010
  8. Last point: you can't express an opinion on here, unless it's BOARDER LINE LIBEL.

#38     Apr 23, 2010
  9. I have purchased several of Barry Burns' courses and have found them to be well-done, educational and a good value. The information is based on technical analysis and would disappoint anyone interested in price action alone. The material would be of most benefit to a beginning or intermediate trader who is not yet profitable and is looking for more trading ideas. I have read close to a hundred trading books and his courses presented some information that I have not seen in books. I do not trade his methodology exactly as taught, but have taken a few pieces and added them to my own unique system. Had I not already taken other more expensive courses that taught some of the same concepts presented in his course, I would have used even more of his ideas. Since I do not trade his method alone nor do I currently daytrade, I cannot say whether trading his method exactly as taught would be profitable. As I recall, he would not provide an audited trading statement to verify his personal profitability when I asked.

The bottom line is that his courses are good and are much less expensive than some other courses I have taken, yet provide much of the same information. Quite honestly, if I knew then what I know now, I would have taken Barry Burns' courses and Larry Williams courses and skipped all the others.

But don't take my word for it. He recently gave a free webinar that is on the Mirus website titled "Timing your entries and exits with Swiss clock precision":

http://classic.mirusfutures.com/futures_education_articles_videos.htm

I have not watched it yet, so I cannot comment upon it.

#39     Apr 23, 2010
  10. You have a total of 8 posts, and 6 of them are on this thread about this product. It is highly unlikely a neutral person would devote this kind of attention to someone else's product. And you unsubbed because he challeneged why you are being so bubbly towards a non-sponsor - who is that fragile?

I agree with the person you are dueling with above. You are a SHILL

#40     Apr 23, 2010